Version 14 loses config on every reboot

Discussion in 'Windows' started by fonewiz, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

We have a customer that just uninstalled version 12 on Windows, then installed 14 and applied the config from the welcome email. Client works fine but each time he reboots, 3CX comes up and says it's not configured. He has to double click on the attachment each time to load the config. Once again, works fine but upon each reboot, the config must be reloaded.

Anyone else run into this?

I requested that another user at the location reboot and see if the same thing happens to them and I am waiting to hear back on that.

2. fonewiz

Just had the other user reboot and the config is lost on her PC as well. This is the PC I uninstalled, then re-installed the 3CX client on myself.

3. wtrbhe

Hi,

after applying config you must quit 3cxPhone one time going to Settings => Exit Client and start it again. After this, the 3cxPhone stay configured after reboot.

Greets Ben

4. fonewiz

Sure enough, that worked.. Thanks!

Wouldn't this be considered a bug? Does 3CX know about it? If not, I am happy to report it.

It seems the better way to handle this would be to throw a message and force shutdown of the app when a new config file is loaded, this would eliminate the confusion.

5. richardwvm

Suspect it's an easy fix that will be addressed in the next version, just a missing Settings.Default.Save(); call after importing the provisioning file *hint* *hint* ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Someone knows what their talking about *hint received*... :D :D :D

Yes, most likely in the next Service Pack, the update the 3CXPhone will also receive doing this will not be necessary.

7. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

ETA on SP? even a rough one? Still planning updates at multiple sites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can't disclose an ETA, but what I can say is that we are just wrapping up some last loose ends before we do the last test run prior to role out.

9. pkothe

We recently updated to the v14SP2 and the client will not remember my settings and I have to set it up every time I reboot or close it. This did not happen on v12.5. Also when I do open the switchboard it goes to a default state and refuses to save my changes for location or default screen. Anyone else have this issue.

10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This has been discussed and explained here as well:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43623

11. pkothe

Thanks for the update. Hope this is updated in the next service pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.