Version 14 Upgrade - HTTP 404 Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mantalope, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantalope

I have an existing v12.5 installation that was recently upgraded from v12. When I upgraded to v14 (uninstall v12.5 then install v14), the process runs fine and the management console opens fine locally and remotely. However, when I attempt to restore the backup, it fails with the message "The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found."

I also get this message when I open the Settings | Network window. This Settings | Network window is also missing the internal leg and external leg port ranges. The system did not save my changes when I tried to set them.

NAT is set up on the firewall to pass HTTP/HTTPS and 5000, 5060, 5090, and the external leg port ranges (9000-9049).

Any thoughts on what I am missing here? Thanks.

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Remove 14, reboot, run windows updates especially .net updates reboot and run updates again until complete. Install 14 again and then restore 12.5 backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jaymei

I agree with lifeline on this as it happened to me, the reboot after uninstallation fixed the issue for me. Remember to keep the backup of the old system away from the 3CX directory's or it will be removed as well (put on another system until you are ready to install v14.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mantalope

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it try and see how it turns out.

5. mantalope

I ran all windows updates and restarted server. Uninstalled 3CX 12.5, rebooted, and installed v 14. Rebooted and tried to restore, but am still getting HTTP 404 Not Found error.

When I select Settings | Network, I get a request failed error (see image).
    When I checked Service Status, I also received a RestartServices exception error (see image).
    When I run the firewall checker, I see garbage in the popup window (see image).
    Any other thoughts?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.