Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Version 14: Virtual PBX. Changing the instance call recording location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nick.m, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick.m

Hi all,

We're recently upgraded from V12 Cloud Server to v14 SP2 Virtual PBX. With the cloud server in version 12 we could choose where we save the call recordings. This suited us perfectly as we had each instance recording onto their own local drive. We've since noticed that all call recordings in version 14 now save to the C:\ProgramData and this cannot be changed (confirmed by 3CX support).

Is anyone aware of any work around for this? Would symbolic links work?

Having all the call recordings on the C: drive will be a deal breaker for us as we need control over where we save our recordings. I don’t want to have a 2Tb C: drive once we have several instances.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

No way to change this....

There are 3rd party tools that have solved this problem especially if there are a large number of recordings for a particular client..

3. nick.m

Just an update for future searches.

We carried out some testing last night and using symbolic links worked, allowing us to save each instance on their own local disk.

Hope this helps someone else in the future as its a pretty huge limitation.

4. 10m

10m

Hi.

I also have this challenge. Could you please explain how I can use symbolic links to change the location of the recordings? I would not only want to change the location but to also create separate individual folders for my customers.

Thanks

5. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.