Version 14

Discussion in 'Android' started by Saqqara, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Is there any way to deactivate the account, so the application does not connect without deleting the account info.

Reason for the question, only use the application in emergency and do not want the phone to ring all the time.

On the IOS version, we can deactivate the account

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, are you saying that in version 14, you cannot exit (shut down) the application? In past versions I would start the App when I wished to use it, then exit (menu button, select exit) when I no longer wished to be connected to the PBX. I rarely leave it connected for long periods.

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

We can shutdown the application but push is working so any calls to the extension will still ring on the mobile phone.

Just want a way to deactivate the account within the 3CXPhone application, so no calls are received on the device.

On the IOS version, can go into accounts and toggle the 'star' icon on and off - which activates / deactivates that one account

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Never having used Android Push notification, nor version 14 of the 3CX phone I'm not going to be much help. If someone else doesn't provide a satisfactory answer, and I would assume that there is one. you could always remove that one extension from the Push options in the PBX. they would then have to be sure that the App was running on the Android phone, to receive a call.

Hopefully someone else can help.

5. doug123

What if you set the DND, will that stop it from ringing?

6. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Having tested a little on my LG G3 I conclude that:

You can turn off the V14 push notifications for your device (Management console:Settings>PUSH], assuming that the app is not running on your phone then this prevents the phone from triggering every time there is an incoming call (so call goes to voicemail if enabled).

Should you need to use the phone then it will function normally without push being enabled once the app is open and active on the phone - however it doesn't play at all well once the phone goes to sleep (whether WiFi or 3G), the push notification seems a fairly integral part of its operation.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this a change of behaviour from past 3CXPhone versions? Really, the only times that I've kept the App on at all times (over 3/4G) have been when travelling (foreign country) and have a SIM with a data plan to support data being on at all times. On occasion, I have checked the phone to find it not registered, usually after being somewhere underground where I loose the mobile signal completely. Other than that, when the phone "goes to sleep", (the screen goes dark), I've never had a problem receiving a call without having Push notification enabled.
    That said, this may all depend on the phone model/make, and how they have decided to implement "sleep", or how you have set the phone to behave (power saving settings?).

8. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Yes, though possibly the change is in keeping with 3cx's aim of seamless mobile integration.

Under v12.5 you could keep push enabled the whole time: Without the 3cx app running on the mobile phone the push notification would come through on the mobile as a missed called (which I found very useful as my mobile is part of a ring group, so another way of alerting to an incoming call. Now with v14 I only have email alert on a missed call - which is too late!!). Under v12.5 and with the app running then of course it triggered as an incoming call as you would expect. Now under v14, the notification launches the app, if the app is uninstalled then the push notification doesn't seem to do anything on the phone.

9. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Your best bet would be to disable Push for that extension.
    14 certainly brought Push to the "desired" level.. which I absolutely hate now.
    I have to remember to force myself out of a queue unless I want queue calls to my phone after my shift.

It's a change in behavior.. I'm sure somebody else is loving it, I'm not.

10. chris.moses

Agreed, I'd like to be able to select the type of push behavior. I really liked the push notification that did not automatically launch the app and begin ringing. I can see how some users would like the other (v14) behavior though and it makes a lot of sense for battery usage.

11. amziu

We have the same problem on some Android clients. 3CXPhone for Windows / iOS works like a charm, but conversations on Android are very choppy, sometimes we even expierence one way audio.

12. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

For push in the latest builds we added a new option Exit ignores PUSH.
    Try it out and let us know what do you think about this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.