Solved Version 15.0 to 15.5 restore error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by centre1, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. centre1

Hi,
    Ive performed an upgrade of 3CX from V15.0 to V15.5 by performing the following steps:
    - Backup current server (V15.0)
    - Uninstall current server
    - restart server & install v15.5
    - At "Select installation type", select "Restore an existing backup", and select the above backup.

I then get the below error before the restore completes. Ive tried several backup files (which i took aver the past week), same outcome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
    Server error
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value) at GenericUtilsNet.Directories.Countries.GetCountry(String name) at PostInstall.Restorer.GetManagementConsoleWizardSettings(BackupSettings result, XDocument xml) at PostInstall.Restorer.GetBackupSettingsInternal(XDocument xml) at PostInstall.Restorer.GetBackupSettings(String fullBackupFilePath, Boolean encrypted, String password) at
    PbxWebConfigTool.Controllers.HomeController.GetBackupSettingsInternal(SetupSettings settings, Boolean encrypted, String backupPassword) at PbxWebConfigTool.Controllers.HomeController.UploadBackup(IFormFile backupFile) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__12.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at 
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__10.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at
    System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__14.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at 
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__22.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__17.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at 
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__15.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at PbxWebConfigTool.ExceptionMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @centre1

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m. requesting some files needed for troubleshooting your issue.

3. centre1

Hi Yiannish,

I figured it out in the end. Thank you anyway. Just an FYI for anyone else running into this issue, I did the following:
    - downloaded the last version available for v15.0 & installed that.
    - Restored my most recent backup at setup.
    - Did all updates.
    - Performed a backup of that.
    - Uninstalled & installed V15.5.
    - Restored my most recent backup during setup.

Server restore worked fine.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see that issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.