Version 15 Setup Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXNewbie, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXNewbie

Fortunately, attempted the upgrade on a test system. :!:

On installing, get the CMD prompt asking if want to restore or setup a new system. What ever option I choose, after entering key I get:

Setup error:
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> PostInstall.Externa
    lIpReceivingException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.
    Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. --->
    System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'erp.3cx.com'
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
    ification(Task task)
    at PostInstall.ErpService.<StartExternalIpRequestInternal>d__17.MoveNext()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotifica
    tion)
    at PbxConfigTool.IpSelectRequest.GetMessage(SetupSettings settings)
    at PbxConfigTool.OptionsRequest`1.RequestData(IConsoleWrapper console, SetupS
    ettings settings)
    at PbxConfigTool.MenuTree.GetInstallationSettings(MenuNode rootMenuNode, Setu
    pSettings setupSettings)
    at PbxConfigTool.Program.Main(String[] args)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) PostInstall.ExternalIpReceivingException: An error occ
    urred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An e
    rror occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remot
    e name could not be resolved: 'erp.3cx.com'
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
    ification(Task task)
    at PostInstall.ErpService.<StartExternalIpRequestInternal>d__17.MoveNext()<--

I can resolve erp.3cx.com and access website. After the failure, have to uninstall and reinstall V15.

Any one else had this issue?

Thanks.

NOTE: Also posted in 3CX Phone System V15 - Install instructions and Feedback

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Please try using 8.8.8.8 as your primary DNS in your network adapter. Open a CMD and perform an ipconfig /flushdns
    Un-install 3cx, disable firewall and disable any antivirus you may use. Make sure the windows machine is fully up to date with windows updates. Restart the machine and try again

3. 3CXNewbie

Thank you for the prompt response.

Same issue.

What I do not understand is how from a browser I am able to navigate to erp.3cx.com

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.