Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Version Mismatch

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eagle2469, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Eagle2469

I installed version 16 to try it out. But, since ring queues is missing, I decided to go back to version 15.5. However, when I try to restore my backup I get the following error.

"Product cannot be activated because license key is for a previous version. Upgrade license key or purchase maintenance from https://customer.3cx.com/orderform/default.aspx"

It looks like the upgrade changed the license to version 16.0.0 and won't let me use it for 15.5. This is using the free standard license. How can I fix this?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

I don't think you can without involving 3CX Support which will have it's own challenges. Hopefully you took a backup without the license key and FQDN. If so you can just release the FQDN for your current key, get a new free key and restore v15.5 .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Eagle2469

Please send me a p.m with your licence key information so we can look into the issue.