Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Very Chatty Log with respect to STUN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mickmarrs, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickmarrs

Hi I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.
    I get this message every few seconds in my log.

11:25:26.921 StunClient::eek:nTestTout [CM506004]: STUN request to STUN server 83.149.75.58 has timed out; used Transport: 192.168.240.61:5060

I'm using using version 3CX Phone System Version5.0.3752.0
    and since I don't need STUN (because my users are on the same LAN, and I'm physically connect to my VOIP Provider) because I don't use NAT.

What I did in the General Settings, STUN server settings section was to put in a bogus FQDN for the STUN server address.

So I'm not sure why the 3CX is sending STUN requests to STUN server at address 83.149.75.58

Any ideas?

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

That IP resolves to server.superservers.net by the way. Does that ring any bells with you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DerrickD2

I was experiencing the same issue. My firewall was opened properly, and I was trying various addresses. Finally, I applied stun.myvoipservice.com, restarted the 3CX Server service, and it worked. They key seemed to be adding the proper STUN address and restarting the service for it to take effect. You should be able to use the STUN provided by your VoIP provider. Mine is callwithus.com, and I used stun.callwithus.com and I am good to go.

I am running Version 5.0.3752.0 and I have noticed that the service needs to be restarted for some changes to kick in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.