VERY FRUSTRATED AFTER UPGRADE TO V12!!!!!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netcio, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netcio

5 hours after what was supposed to be simple upgrade from V11 to V12, the owner here is thinking about making me revert back to V11 because nothing works as it did, and even though you'd expect some changes (for the better), unfortunately, it's not and my client needs his phones to operate his business.
    I don't get it!
    What on earth happened?!?
    MyPhone is gone and this new 3CXPhone doesn't connect to the proper extensions. The phones reconfigured and now I can't access them via the GUI. The system is going bonkers.
    Help!
    Jeff

2. rogueblackburn

- see your other post how to log on to the phones web-gui's
    - MyPhone assistant was integrated into the 3CX Phone for Windows V12. You need to remove the MyPhone Assistent, older versions of Windows phone. 3CX provides a clean up tool for that. Use the E-Mail Welcome message to configure the 3CX Phone for Windows V12 properly, and very easy
    - To get the "MyPhone Assistant" features, simply expand the 3CX Phone for Windows V12 with the Presence view, and voila, you see active calls, presence information, queue call information.

Judging from what you posted so far, you may need to do some more reading in the manuals and blog entries on the V12 release, get an understanding on how the extension groups work, so that your customer can see and use the expanded presence to it's full potential.

I upgraded from V11 to V12 via back up & restore, no problems, it is important to do the recommended preparations though.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would go back to version 11, to keep the customer happy, for the time being.

Install version 12 on a second computer and restore their backup. Use this for after-hours testing (or testing at a second location) until everyone is familiar with the changes.

4. netcio

Thanks guys, so I went home last night (very late) and now this morning going to spend some time reviewing and learning. Decided not to go back to V11 as the physical IP phones work and they can still hand dial them to make calls. The owner was there with me last night and it was painful to have him ask me all these questions and not be able to answer them. Reason I upgraded was per 3CX support as I was having another issue with the MyPhone feature and they told me to upgrade to V12. Went over the steps to do so and we did not review the MyPhone disappearance act, hence all the confusion. Also had one IP Phone setup to hot desk and the DSS key setup to provide that function disappeared, as a matter of fact, all the phones lost their programmed DSS key functionality.

So, here's the main issue I think I'm still having and if I could solve would make this a usable system. As I uninstalled the MyPhone application from each desktop and then clicked on each users emailed configuration for 3CXPhone the main 3CX Phone System Server would not associate that particular installation with the users extension. Each users 3CXPhone is still in a bolded state in the Servers Phones window. I'm thinking that the reason we can't get the 3CXPhone to work correctly is because of this. There's no association in the system between it and the proper extension to make the calls. I've attached a picture of the Phones setup in the system.
    Again, thanks for putting up with my frustration last night and any help to get me back on track.
    Jeff

Attached Files:

5. rogueblackburn

I am not quiet clear on what you are saying, the last part here below:
    - You removed MyPhone and older version of 3CX Phone
    - You installed 3CX Phone for Windows V12 (apparently, as it shows as such in your screen shot)
    - You had the 3CX Server send the welcome e-mail to the users... and here I have to ask:
    - Did you start the 3CX Phone for Windows V12, then double click on the attachment in the e-mail? Opening that attachment configures the 3CX Phone for Windows, or rather does the provisioning of it. The client then automatically registers to the 3CX.

Are you saying that despite this, your phone clients are not registering? I am assuming that you verified in the extension settings that use of the 3CX phone is allowed, and if they register outside the LAN, the respective setting has been unchecked etc.

I am a bit perplexed, as the 3CX Phone for Windows V12 is actually really easy to get to work, from what I have experienced so far.

6. netcio

Different strokes for different folks. My client hates it. I'm trying to coax him into liking it, but there are definitely different nuances that may or may not be considered updates or enhancements. Microsoft thought Vista was an upgrade to XP, too! It all comes down to how someone uses it. Some of the things that bother my client are obviously things that you don't care about.
    I appreciate all the help, but many times it's not about how you use something, it's helping the user at hand solve the issue for their use. It's about the client, not me.
    So, back to your response. We only ever had MyPhone installed on the desktop with V11, we never had MyPhone AND 3CXPhone installed together. Now, MyPhone is removed and 3CXPhone is installed in it's place. We then received the email, double-clicked the config file attachment, but nothing happened. I would assume that the config file would connect the 3CXPhone to the appropriate extension identified in 3CX Server, but that didnt' happen as shown by the screenshot. There was a disconnect.
    Since that time, I've updated the firmware on the Yealinks. All the softphones have now registered since the firmware update and one hardphone extension has started to work nicely with the softphone, but the other two remain a bit disconnected. On the one that works nicely, the CTI mode, when a number is inputted into the softphone and the dial is clicked, the hardphone can be used to handle the call; but on the systems where there is still a disconnect between 3CXPhone and the hardphone, the user is able to input a number into the softphone via the keyboard, but when Dial is clicked, nothing happens. The call is not being initiated.
    So, we're half way there.
    Thanks again
    Jeff

7. rogueblackburn

Yes, the change from MyPhone to 3CX Phone for Windows V12 is not as smooth as expected, but I am sure that there will be some updates soon to bring back some of those missing features.

To get back to your problem: I have both 3CX Phone V12 and Yealink T28 in operation here. My CTI didn't work until I updated the Yealink Firmware to 2.70.0.168 via the Firmwareupdate tool in the management console. I glared at the Upates / Provisioning Updates page for days, until I realized that the information displayed there is actually no longer applicable in some cases.

The 3CX Phone itself should register by double clicking / or opening the attachment in the welcome e-mail. If it doesn't perhaps open it with a text editor and double check all the parameters that are sent are in fact correct. Might be an incorrect network address some where.
    Assuming that you configured those 3CX Phones to start in CTI mode, not SIP - not that you can't change it from the 3CX Phone, but it's a bit of a pain to restart them each time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.