Very impressed with the new UI and overall setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Ok - before I get dog-piled on by the folks who are upset - I get it - no Click-To-Call, and some folks are having issues with the certificates... yeah, that's a pain... There is still much to be done. It isn't perfect.

But let me say - OVERALL - EXCELLENT JOB guys.

I've been using 3cx - and through two different companies have been a partner with 3cx - for a LONG time... version 7 maybe? Can't remember...

I just want to say: THANK YOU for this new release. In one single release, you resolved all of the pesky ui complaints I've had for years, improved security, and based it on an exceptionally powerful, industry standard web server THAT WORKS and is not IIS. You also fixed ONE thing that has annoyed me for years... namely that I had to put in a redirect from the root to the management console, and reconfigure it every time upgraded Small, yes, but annoying.

So again - excellent job. Keep up the good work.

2. carolinainnovative

I don't say this as a 3CX fanboy... I really do think this will be an exceptionally good improvement.

I liked IIS. IIS was fine, and we knew how to configure it... I certainly preferred it over abyss.... but trust me but nginx is vastly superior, both in speed, security, and resource usage. I use nginx on just about every public web site I put out there if I at all possibly can... so in other words, if it isn't a Microsoft-specific tech, like ASP.Net or something. I use it as a reverse proxy to something else (like tomcat) or "stand alone" with php-fpm. Yes, there is a little learning curve - especially since you have to find something to generate your own certs... like openssl, or one of the tools that wraps around openssl... but really - give it time, I think you will learn to love it. It REALLY does help on the resource usage and security, and is blazing fast.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@ carolinainnovative, thanks for the feedback.

@ evowire, please tell us why we selected Nginx as a webserver? There is no reason to fight about this but I dont understand the real problem why not Nginx. What is your problem really because I do not see any constructive discussions from your end in regarding this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When was the last time Microsoft, or Cisco, or HP, or Apple asked you what you wanted?
    3cx as a company made an evaluation and selected the best product for their software. It wasn't personal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.