Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

very low output volume...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carmico, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carmico

hi

i have 7 extensions (all thomson st2030) using Linksys SPA302 as gateway pstn with 3cx build 3790 ...

in 4 of these extensions the output volume is very very low, in the other 3 with the same configuration (default from firmware) everything works fine.

it's possible that the problem began with the update of the 3cx platform ?

thanks,
    Carlo

2. carmico

in the linksys spa 3102 the spa to pstn & pstn to spa gain is set on 1. (default is 0) but i don't think the problem is that because some extensions works fine and volume is ok.

if i call between extensions the volume and everything is allright for all the extensions.

if i call from inside to outside or receive a call from outside (using linksys as gateway pstn) the volume for my voice output is very very low, but i hear clearly and loudly who i call. the problem is only in the output, in some extensions.

3. carmico

the problem is not the linksys spa3102 , same problem if i use a VoIP Line (SIP Line). Is i put music on hold from server the volume is ok, only the output voice is very very low, the voice from who i call is ok.

i'm thinking that the problem is with the new version of the 3cx... build 3790 .

where i can found the previous ver of 3cx ... ???

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Volume of the audio content is not managed by PBX. PBX just delivering audio content provided by your "thomson st2030".
    You can analyze it using WireShark and find differences between PBX input and output.
    There are no differences between v3 and v5 in this area.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. carmico

problem solved.

the problem was with the configuration file of the st2030 .

when you upgrade the firmware you have to restart first , then aply the configuration file of the firmware.

-------------------------------

now i have another problem, with the voice quality of the linksys 3102 ... i hear metallic voice and some echo in the handset (st2030), specially if i talk loud.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Carlo,

Please, don't talk too loud :) . PBX doesn't add any echo to audio stream. It is checked hundreds of times. In general, it is a problem related to "echo cancellation"/"silence detection" algorithms implemented in the phones. Sure it is not final decision :) . You may send us WireShark capture (from PBX host) for a call with echo. If there will be any problems related to implementation we will confirm it and fix it as well.
    Metallic voice is a problem of playback rather then RTP stream quality (at the moment we stay that audio stream generated by PBX provide acceptable quality to eliminate any "metallics"). So question again to phone implementation. you may perform experiment, you can tick option "PBX delivers audio" in configuration of extension/"PSTN line" related to st2030/linksys 3102. Will it fix "metallic audio"?

Sorry for uninformative post :( . I just tried to explain responsibilities of entities that take a part in described issues.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.