• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Via & Contact header IPs are different in Register Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

voipingforfun

Reaction score
I'm using 3CX SIP softphone v4.0.13679.0. My phone is registering with a registrar/proxy by way of a Cisco VPN connection. I noticed in the REGISTER request sent by the phone that the IP address of the Via header is set to my computer's IP address associated with the Cisco VPN connection, and the IP address of the Contact header is set the IP address of the Cisco VPN device. What would cause this to happen? I suspect this difference in IP addresses is causing call connectivity issues.

When I replace the 3CX softphone with an XLite softphone I have no call connectivity issues. When I look at the Via and Contact headers of the REGISTER request sent by the XLite softphone I noticed both headers have the same IP address (i.e. my computer's IP address associated with the Cisco VPN connection).

Is there a way to configure the 3CX softphone to use the same IP address in both the Via and Contact header of its REGISTER request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.