• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

"VIA" parameter on Sip Trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
Sip Trunk supplier is refusing outbound calls because the Invite contains a "Via" statement with a private IP address in it.

I know i have other clients using this same provider but I can't for the life of me find the click to fix this.

Any clues??

ccomley said:
Sip Trunk supplier is refusing outbound calls because the Invite contains a "Via" statement with a private IP address in it.
Why does it do it?

Why does what do what?

The ST rejects the call coz the supplier seems to think a "private" IP in the VIA is a security issue.

I'm not going to get involved in arguments between ST providers and PBX providers about RFC compliance and stuff! Life's too short.

The work-around involves putting a NIC in the 3CX box which has a "Public" IP address and ensuring that that is the NIC used by off-site communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.