Video calls not allowed - unsupported media

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bartdb, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartdb

Dear,

I'm using the following configuration:

Windows 7 / 3CX Phone ------ Elastix PBX -------- IPhone 4/ 3CX Phone

My IPhone can call the 3CX running on windows. The other way around,however, doesn't work. I get a "Video calls not allowed - unsupported media" error in the debug window on the 3CX running on windows.

Enabling or disabling video calls on the 3CX running on windows doesn't help.

Any idea what might be going wrong? Your feedback is appreciated!

With much regards,
    Bart

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Turn of video in the profile on the 3cx phone for windows.

Then it wont send the video media to your pbx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bartdb

Thanks for the feedback!

That's one of the options I've tried without succes.

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Can you run wireshark on the windows 7 pc and make a call. Then post it here so we can see what is happening.

We can help you solve this when we have an idea of what the logs say

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bartdb

thanks again for helping! :)

attached the pcap file

Attached Files:

• 3cx.zip
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I am not on a pc at the moment and as it is Thanksgiving we only have skeleton support tonight and I dont want to take their time up with this tonight, but we will look at it in wireshark first thing in the morning for you and let you know what I find.

7. markshehan

markshehan New Member

It looks like you have your 3cx softphone set to use tls. And it is passing certificate information.

Unfortunately your asterisk does not give a reason why it rejected the calls but as everything else looks "normal" I would guess that it is rejecting the tls part as you pass in 2 sets of audio information with each call (one for normal and one for tls) which asterisk does not like.

Turn off your tls in the softphone for that account (under advance settings) and make a normal test call. If that doesnt work, then send another wireshark.

There is no video media information being sent so it is not a video problem.

8. bartdb

Thank you very much! Did the job :)

9. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Great! Glad we could help

10. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Some providers check the full sip invite including all the media attributes and fail if there is one they cannot handle (you cant send video over the PSTN network).

But this wasnt because video was or wasnt allowed. They we trying to use TLS for Secure SIP and it was not supported. Once they unchecked it then all worked.

You can send video via some providers and also IPPBX to IPPBX or IPPhone to IPPhone. But not over PSTN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.