Video Calls with T49G yealink Phones and yealink VC room system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vascon, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vascon

Can 3cx PBX allow video calls seamlessly over IP (without uniform of MCU intermediary) on two video compatible T49G as well as VC room system (for video conferencing)?

Because:

I want to configure a 3cx pix server in a central location, giving it a public IP address, so i can have about 200 T49Gs yealink phones configured locally (using server local IP) and 300 T49Gs phones configured at the branch office (using the server public IP), also having to yealink VC room system configured each at the two locations (with distance about 3000miles away). Can this work? and is this advisable? please i need kind support on this.

#1 vascon, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. vascon

please can someone kindly respond ?

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @vascon

Please note that technically this is possible as the 3CX PBX will route the video calls. You will need to enable PBX delivers audio to the remote extensions for this to work though. Note that this will use considerable more bandwidth as video calls require a lot of traffic so make sure that you plenty.
    However the phones you want to use will have to be manually provisioned as they are not supported by 3CX and have not be tested for this scenario so we cannot guarantee the behaviour of these devices.
    If i were you before buying all these devices and committing to the project i would test with 2 devices and make sure everything is working as you require.

4. vascon

ok thank you so much
    , but does 3cx support video codec H263 and H264?

#4 vascon, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  5. Zacharias_3CX

Zacharias_3CX Support Team

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. n2

n2

I do not believe that the system supports any video codecs directly. I am of the opinion that the system expects the endpoints to be enabled for re-invites such that the streams are ultimately negotiated and handled between endpoints. I assume that if the system were to handle video codecs then you would see some settings for such to so as to allow bandwidth settings, payloads, codec types and the like so that the system could effectively manage same. It will pass the SDP info that will allow the devices to communicate and if within a LAN or VPN, scenario, it should be fine. This is also why the web meeting functionality is there. As noted, PBX delivers audio will need to be enabled and bandwidth will be critical. If memory serves, I believe there may also be some settings in the parameters section to accommodate the SDP negotiation. Just type Video to search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.