Video Door Phone work with CTI mode of 3CX Phone for Windows

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by enosupp, Oct 20, 2015.

Video Door Phone work with CTI mode of 3CX Phone for Windows 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. enosupp

Support video calls if you the CTI mod is used.

jlinds likes this.
  2. 12494

12494 Member

Just a thought:

Is there any prospects of the 3CX Phone for Windows having the Video screen available to the CTI Mode?

I've got some customers that use a Door Phone w/ Video to control access to their building. Video phones would be nice for everyone but very expensive. They can get video and audio feed from door phone if using the 3CX Phone for Windows in Phone mode but not in CTI mode. They would rather keep the functionality of the CTI mode but it means not having the video feed.

I don''t know if this is a large deal or small to make the video available in CTI, but I just thought I would register the thought here.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Allen Miller

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jlinds likes this.
  3. r.towle

Door intercom & Automatic video

We have a door intercom unit which is connected to our 3cx system.
    Visitors press a button, it calls a ring group which we answer and then dial a code to allow entry

It would be a great feature if the door intercom were a video unit and could automatically start the video in 3CX phone to the the person who answer the call so they could see who they were talking to / about to let in.

it would only need to be one way video from the door intercom unit to 3CX phone.

jlinds likes this.
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Door intercom & Automatic video

I am not sure I understand the feature request.

Are you talking about the scenario in which you have a VoIP Video-enabled Door intercom device calling a 3CXPhone for Windows?
    If this is the case, then if the door intercom device supports either VP8 or H263 video codecs, then when someone presses the button on the intercom and the call gets answered by the 3CXPhone by pressing the "Video" button, then there should be audio and video. The same applies even if the call goes through a Ring Group.

5. r.towle

Re: Door intercom & Automatic video

Hi Nick

Yes - sort of. But we use our Yealinks and 3CX phone in CTI mode - so we physically answer the call on the yealink - but then would it be possible for the video feed from the door intercom unit to be displayed on 3CX phone - but in CTI mode while the audio is handled by the yealink.

Basically - using 3CX phone as a display for the door intercom...

jlinds likes this.
  6. jlinds

3CX, is there any possibility of making this work?? So that video calls work with the 3CX Phone for Windows in CTI mode?? At the moment when the video call comes in the 3CX Phone for Windows doesn't give the option for a video call unless it is in softphone mode. Please could it be changed so that video calls work in CTI mode?? Thanks.

Phone systems NZ likes this.
  7. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

+1, works if 3CX Windows is in phone mode would be excellent if it worked in CTI mode.

Phone systems NZ likes this.