Video Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Is the Fanvil C600 the only video phone supported?

How does the video phone function work on 3CX?

2. Ben Lockwood

We have successfully deployed the Yealink T49, however the phones need to be on the same PBX it appears at the moment for it to work. It also isn't officially supported yet either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

From my experience T49G works better if SIP registration is carried on TCP protocol, not UDP. Otherwise will not work if belongs to different network segment from PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sopock

Sopock Member

3CX considers that any extension from different network segment is remote?:confused:

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Not necessary, remote extensions are normally located in Internet or another network, behind NAT.
    The phone could be into another network, routable on Layer 3, without NAT -- this should not be considered remote one (provisioning may be done on PBX's local address link, eventually with option 66).

#5 eagle2, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Ben Lockwood likes this.
  6. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

If I got a Fanvil C600 and a Yealink T49G for testing, they should be able to communicate together, right?

7. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Ben, I've got the T49G here and it shows up in 3CX in the phones page, except the option to add an extension to it is greyed out. What did you need to do to get it provisioned?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Since the phone is not supported by 3CX there is no template. so the ability to add it to an extension and auto provision it does not work. You need to manually configure it to register with the PBX

9. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

#9 TSlocum, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. VictorSP

Hi,

We've been testing T49G in our lab just configuring SIP account on the phone. Voice calls work fine but video calls between T49G and 3CXPhone fails. Yealink has indicated 3CXPhone uses another protocol for video calls, not SIP. Anybody has tested this scenario?

Thanks.

11. Dhaval

Hi Victor

We have a client who has already purchased T49G phone.

For now, we need to get just the voice calls going.

I am new to 3CX and SIP in general but I do have good knowledge in IT and networking.

Can you tell me what settings I need on the phone to register T49G with 3CX?

The server is hosted so the phone is remote to the 3CX server.

The packet capture is suggesting the 3CX server rejecting the SIP registration from T49G with 407 proxy authentication error.

But I don't know how to resolve that.

Any help would be great because as you know, 3CX won't help us as it is not a supported handset.

12. Dhaval

Hi Ben

We have a client who has already purchased T49G phone.

For now, we need to get just the voice calls going.

I am new to 3CX and SIP in general but I do have good knowledge in IT and networking.

Can you tell me what settings I need on the phone to register T49G with 3CX?

The server is hosted so the phone is remote to the 3CX server.

The packet capture on the server is suggesting the 3CX server rejecting the SIP registration from T49G with 407 proxy authentication error.

But I don't know how to resolve that.

Any help would be great because as you know, 3CX won't help us as it is not a supported handset

13. Dhaval

Hi YianniSH

I am doubting that 3CX allows manual registration.

When I try manual registration, the SIP registration from a T49 fails with 407 proxy authentication error.

Your support team says it happens because the phone isn't supplying the correct authentication details which were created when you provisioned the phone.

So its like never ending loop. Provisioning isn't possible because there is no template and manual SIP registration requires the phone to be already provisioned first?

A little guidance will be helpful here.

The phone is remote to the 3CX server.

Do we need SIP tunnelling for this to work and if so, I can't find any clear instructions anywhere.

14. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

3CX supports SIP and I have yet to come across any SIP enabled phone/ATA or other endpoint that has not been able to register.

When a phone attempts to contact a server, the server will challenge the endpoint to provide the authentication details. The phone should, upon receiving the challenge, then respond back to the server with the initial request and the needed authentication to allow the registration. This is a standard SIP messaging scheme with the only variables being the details that you entered into the account page.

As the phone is remote, and not knowing more, it would be to your advantage to bring the phone back to 3CX, assuming not local, and connecting to the local LAN to get the registration. At least this way, you can prove to yourself that 3CX is not singling out the t49. The issue is related to the wrong creds being supplied (perhaps from a copy and paste that added a space or other invisible character) or the NAT is wrong and while the server is seeing the registration and issuing the challenge, the remote t49 is not and not seeing the 407, just sends a simple register request again and again.

A wireshark capture at the server end showing the registration attempt may show the issue. If the t49 is using the private IP to tell the server to respond to, then that is the issue. While I do not have a t49, Yealink usually has a setting in the advanced account page - Keep Alive - set to notify, Interval 30 seconds or less, rport - enabled. You can try this and see, but not knowing more, just a guess as to what may work. These settings merely try and keep the firewall open and use a random port. You may also need to go to the network settings and enable NAT and plug in an IP (public).

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  15. AGidi

Did you get this sorted out? We were about to try some too. I understand that the video is Peer to peer and does not go thru the PBX. But im not sure on this platform. We use some SIP video door phones

16. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Try provisioning the T49G as T48G, it will register and work OK, including video calls (at least between two T49G).
    You can configure it manually. Also try using TCP protocol for SIP, not UDP -- seems more stable when used in remote networks.

17. pact

pact New Member

We have simply hacked up the T48 template, make a copy and find+replace any mention of SIP-T48G with 'SIP' (for whatever reason the T49 doesn't report its full model number correctly).

This way the phone will provision in 3CX and work correctly.

Phone calls have been perfect and video calls within the organization have worked flawlessly (Both to other T49's and Video Intercoms).

We do hope 3CX and Yealink will work something out soon though to support it, as it's a nice phone. But I'm guessing they will only work on supporting the T58V instead, which will be disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.