View and access VMs for multiple extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jeffw, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffw

Is there a way to have a MWI lamp/button on a phone (in this case Yealink T38g) that will indicate if there is a message for a different extension and ideally be able to access that VM?

For instance: An administrative assistant needs to be able to see if there are any messages for a certain user and listen to those messages from his/her phone with a push of a button.

I am aware that setting up email notifications is a workaround but that is not really what I'm after.

Thanks for any help.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

if you want mwi you will need to set up one of the line keys to be the extension of interest. Otherwise, you can set the extension to email the notice. the person can then access the vmail box.

3. hci

hci

Just a little correction on Ineblett's comment.
    You do not need to have a line key setup for that extension just an account on the phone for it.
    Then when that extension gets a voicemail you will see the message indicator and can go to Menu -> Message -> Voicemail and pick that extension to listen to.

We do this for like "General Voicemail" mailbox. SO that a group of people all have access to the same general voice mailbox to check.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of sets are you using that don't require an extension account to be associated with a line key, or at least an "appearance" of some sort, on the set? I thought that requirement was pretty standard.

5. mlump

mlump New Member

All Yealink phones just need to have an account registered to 3CX for the mailbox your monitoring. The Account does not need to be associated with a line key or any line appearance key on the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.