• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

View current calls by API and show in web app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin Fauchald

Reaction score
We currently have a 3cx server from our vendor running on Linux and we want to show the number of busy agents.

I've tried to read up on this but cannot find any REST documentation (apparently HTTP API was deprecated some time ago).

I see the the call-control-api is only available to run on the actual server itself and our server is on Debian and with my limited .NET experience this seems very cumbersome and difficult to get going, especially since we dont even host the actual call server ourselves.
(https://www.3cx.com/docs/call-control-api/)

How can I expose the call que without using .net ported to run on debian?

Can I maybe just take this data from the DB?

I assume you are looking for a wallboard application? A little more description of what you are trying to achieve would be helpful, but perhaps the real question is the "how" rather than the "why". The Call Control API for Debian is written in .Net Core (Microsoft's cross-platform development solution). To connect to the API, you must write your application in .Net core. Once you connect to the API, you can subscribe to events and then act accordingly on those events -- like update a web page using SignalR for example. We strongly advise that you DO NOT access the database directly. This is not supported, and could be viewed in a very negative light from the perspective of 3CX support. Regardless, 3CX doesn't always write to the database right away (it sometimes caches writes) so the database will not be real-time like the events broadcast by the Call Control API. We can help if you need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.