• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VigorPhone 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark SBS

Reaction score
Good morning all, Sorry if this has been covered but after having a good hunt round I am unable to find anything that helps. I am testing the 3CX system and are hoping to use it to replace our existing IP PBX which is starting to fail. We have a mix of phones Yealink (various models) and about 6 VigorPhone 350, obviously the VigorPhone's are not on the supported list but we would like to try and use them if possible, has anyone managed to get these phones working on 3CX and if so how the hell do you provision them? All help will be greatly received.

Hi Mark SBS,

Provisioning would not be an option for you unless you could somehow write a provisioning template for this phone model/brand.

Your only real option here is manually setting these phones up which should be fairly simple, but time consuming if you have a few to configure. You would need to at the very least set a username/password and server address in each phone for basic registration.

If you have Yealinks then you have first hand experience of why using a supported/preferred phone is always the best option with 3CX:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Hi Mark SBS,

Provisioning would not be an option for you unless you could somehow write a provisioning template for this phone model/brand.

Your only real option here is manually setting these phones up which should be fairly simple, but time consuming if you have a few to configure. You would need to at the very least set a username/password and server address in each phone for basic registration.

If you have Yealinks then you have first hand experience of why using a supported/preferred phone is always the best option with 3CX:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Thanks for the prompt reply, I agree, using supported phones would be best but the powers that be want to try to use the existing hardware if possible. I can setup a phone with the relevant details no probs but how to I manually create a phone in 3CX?

Just create an extension for them to register to:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/pbx-extension-management/

Goto >>Extensions >> Add.

You will then need to log into the phones interface and enter the ID and password found under "Authentication" and the local server IP of the 3CX System :5060 if not specified.

I am presuming these phones are local to the 3CX System and within the same subnet.

Just create an extension for them to register to:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/pbx-extension-management/

Goto >>Extensions >> Add.

You will then need to log into the phones interface and enter the ID and password found under "Authentication" and the local server IP of the 3CX System :5060 if not specified.

I am presuming these phones are local to the 3CX System and within the same subnet.

Yes the phones are local and will never be used remotely, I had already setup the phone as described but am just stuck with the device status as registering. I have double checked the settings etc but still have no joy.

If everything in your local environment seems fine (local subnet and IP's, no VLAN's, configuration in 3CX and IP Phones, firmware) then you have no option but to run a PCAP trace to see what is going on.

If not already it might be worth checking that these phones are not proprietary to Draytek's own PBX also.

If everything in your local environment seems fine (local subnet and IP's, no VLAN's, configuration in 3CX and IP Phones, firmware) then you have no option but to run a PCAP trace to see what is going on.

If not already it might be worth checking that these phones are not proprietary to Draytek's own PBX also.

I have seen that others have managed to get them working on 3CX and i have messaged one such user but have not had a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.