• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Virtual Receptionist- Fanvil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Waechter

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have a client that will be having the receptionist work out of another office. Instead of hiring a new receptionist we talked about a virtual receptionist and I was looking at the Fanvil i53W or i56A. Given 3CX and Fanvil relationship I thought it might be a good fit. Has anybody tried to integrate the two? I'm sure the Fanvil would register and support voice just fine, but I'm really looking for something to also support video. Any thoughts?

Hi Matt,

This model is not supported with a built-in 3CX template, so we cannot recommend it.

I can recommend the i30 which is a supported door phone, and can be answered with video from the 3CX Webclient. This should work for a remote receptionist.

https://www.fanvil.com/Product/info/id/84.html

Hi Matt,

This model is not supported with a built-in 3CX template, so we cannot recommend it.

I can recommend the i30 which is a supported door phone, and can be answered with video from the 3CX Webclient. This should work for a remote receptionist.

https://www.fanvil.com/Product/info/id/84.html
Thank you John for the response. Maybe the temporary option will be an iPad or Chromebook running the 3CX app. The customer really wants two way video for clients.

What is the job of the virtual receptionist in this case?

What is the job of the virtual receptionist in this case?
They are wanting a way for two way video communications inside the front lobby with internal agents and guests upon arrival for meetings and such. Seems like a simple idea, just trying to make it easy for outside user interface.

I see, in this case a door phone would not work since it has to be two-way video.

The devices you mentioned originally may be more fitting, however you would have to manually configure them and run your own tests before deploying to the customer to ensure it works as intended. Perhaps you can get a demo unit from your phone vendor before deploying. You would have to test it with the Webclient instead of the app.

Reactions: Matt Waechter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.