• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Virtualize multi-tenant edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

new29

Reaction score
Hi,

We virtualize *all* of our servers for a number of reasons. One critical reason is that we can quickly recover a server in the event of hardware failure. We want to deploy 3cx as a hosted service and we understand we can easily virtualize individual instances. However, we've been told that 3cx multi-tenant edition should be on a stand alone server. While we have no problem with that, we'd like to virtualize the server, first. I should mention we are a VMware partner and would use ESX for the virtualization layer. Has anyone done this? If so, any gotchas we should know about?

Thanks.

Hi, we use 2 Hypervisors (Hyper-V) in a high availability cluster.
Would this be an option for you?
I don't know much about ESX, but there's VMotion (Live Migration) to build Clusters.

regards,
tom

Hi Tom. Are you virtualizing the multi-tenant edition? 3CX doesn't recommend virtualizing that, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, especially if it was the only thing on that server.

Hi,
Yes, multi-tenant is on a virtual Win 2008 Server.
I'm only in a "Try and Test-Period". But until now, it works fine.

We also run it in our datacenter virtual in microsoft hyper-v .
If you configure ok then only call setup is going through the 3cx. Rtp goes direct from phone to phone or from phone to sip trunk.

How are you setting up the ftp streams so they go phone to phone (or sip trunk)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.