Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Virtualize multi-tenant edition

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by new29, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new29

Hi,

We virtualize *all* of our servers for a number of reasons. One critical reason is that we can quickly recover a server in the event of hardware failure. We want to deploy 3cx as a hosted service and we understand we can easily virtualize individual instances. However, we've been told that 3cx multi-tenant edition should be on a stand alone server. While we have no problem with that, we'd like to virtualize the server, first. I should mention we are a VMware partner and would use ESX for the virtualization layer. Has anyone done this? If so, any gotchas we should know about?

Thanks.

2. tom_ch

Hi, we use 2 Hypervisors (Hyper-V) in a high availability cluster.
    Would this be an option for you?
    I don't know much about ESX, but there's VMotion (Live Migration) to build Clusters.

regards,
    tom

3. new29

Hi Tom. Are you virtualizing the multi-tenant edition? 3CX doesn't recommend virtualizing that, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, especially if it was the only thing on that server.

4. tom_ch

Hi,
    Yes, multi-tenant is on a virtual Win 2008 Server.
    I'm only in a "Try and Test-Period". But until now, it works fine.

5. muurman

We also run it in our datacenter virtual in microsoft hyper-v .
    If you configure ok then only call setup is going through the 3cx. Rtp goes direct from phone to phone or from phone to sip trunk.

6. new29

How are you setting up the ftp streams so they go phone to phone (or sip trunk)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.