Vista SOUND-Problem only at incoming calls

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tugi2o, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugi2o

Hi,
    now i've installed the latest software (Client 5.1.4492.0 & Server 4510) and i have still only one problem, described here:

We have a lot of computers, all connected to the 3cx server. OS on these computers: WinXP or Vista.
    This problem appears only at those computers, whos OS is Vista.

When i (Ext 50, winXP) call my friend (Ext60, Vista), i can't hear him, but he can hear me.
    When i check the system settings for sound (Micro) at Vista pc (EXT60), it is activated and the volume is 100%.
    I can also see on EXT60 sound settings (during the call) the signal, when i talk to the micro. So the micro is activated and works.
    Also my Sound-Settings are OK.

Then i call him again (50 calls 60) and i can hear him, everything works fine.
    Then i call him again, and i can't hear him.
    Then i call him again 10 minutes later and i can hear him.
    :
    :

so i can hear him only at every 2nd call. i think that there is something wrong?!? it cannot be by coincidence, or?
    This problem appears only at incoming calls @ all of our computers with OS Vista.

...call terminated
    11:28:19.250 CallCtrl::eek:nLegConnected [CM503007]: Call(47): Device joined: sip:60@192.168.0.174:5070;rinstance=fc3b352aa473d744
    11:28:19.234 CallCtrl::eek:nLegConnected [CM503007]: Call(47): Device joined: sip:50@192.168.0.141:5070;rinstance=bd252b13785b2741
    11:28:16.031 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503004]: Call(47): Calling: Ext:60@[Dev:sip:60@192.168.0.174:5070;rinstance=fc3b352aa473d744]
    11:28:16.000 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(47): Incoming call from Ext.50 to [sip:60@192.168.0.5:5060]

We all use the same hardware = Logitech USB Headset

perhaps u can help me?

2. GWN

GWN

As a test does it work if you use the free X-Lite Softphone? http://www.counterpath.com/

I would only use this as a test as it doesn't have the features of the 3CX client but it helps when you're trying to troubleshoot a problem. What about if you disable the onboard sound device so that you only have the headset available. Does it work then?

Andy :)

3. pcsolutionsnet

I have the exact issue under Vista Ultimate, do you have Vista Ultimate? BTW X-Lite works absolutely fine and that is what I'm using until there is a fix. I did create a ticket with support and here's the response:
    "Hi <name withheld>
    Is is not possible for us to address this issue under Vista Ultimate.

As per http://www.3cx.com/support/operating-systems.html this OS variant is not tested and supported as yet.

IF you encounter the issue under XP Pro / Vista business we can then take this further.

Please advise.
    Thanks

--
    <namewithheld>"

So I'm perplexed, I didn't thing there was such a huge difference between Vista business and ultimate that certain applications start to misbehave.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tugi2o

Thanks for your ideas...

now i've installed X-Lite software for testing the described vista sound problem.
    this problem doesn't appear with X-Lite.

So i think, it is a bug @3CX VoIP-Client

Please help me, because all ths users with vista OS are really angry :(
    what can i do?
    (i've checked firewall settings etc, there are no problems...and it works with X-Lite, so i'm sure, that there is a bug)....

5. Tugi2o

6. jvo

jvo

I have exactely the same problem. I've tested it with several devices (Aastra phone, X-lite, 3cx client, external calls) and they were calling me on a 3cx client on windows Vista. Every other time the person that called me could hear/not hear me. Please help.

7. Henk

Henk Member

Make sure you have all your bitdefender and other stuff turned off.

Can you try if the issue exists if the user and the SIP client have ADMIN rights, there might be a policy and domain issue simply because it is ultimate.. Than again that same issue would exist on the business version.

The only real difference between business and ultimate from a sound point of view is the Mediacentre component. Perhaps there is a codecs clash, can you un-install the MCE stuff?

Are there any other users that use the Client on a MCE box?

H

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. alsoft

Use a new version of 3CX

9. Sepp

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem, even with calls from my hard clients internally. sometimes it works, mostly not.

There must be a solution to this, surely........................

Thanks

Sepp

10. aerocom

Hi All,

I seem to be having the same issue. With the Softphone (6.0.727.0) on Vista Business I can call out without problems, On an incoming call either from a SIP truck or another phone they cannot hear me.

X-Lite seems to work fine.

Cheers
    Darren

11. aerocom

Yeah, I don't seem to have any issue on XP, but it does not like Vista (well Business edition anyway).

I'm guessing they will look at it sometime. I need to get a bit more experience reading the trace log files to see if what is going on. It doesn't appear to be a windows firewall issues as nothing is logged there. I just wanted to add my comment that I can confirm what some other are reporting.

Cheers

12. ics-scherii

Hi!

I'm also using the 3CX VoIP Client and I also have exactly the same problem..
    On incoming calls, I hear the caller but (mostly) they don't hear me.
    By the way: I also use the Logitech USB Headset, but Vista Home, not Business.

Softphone-version is 6.0.610.0

pls help :)

PS: excuse my bad english

13. xenex

Getting the same issue here on Vista Home Premium

Cheers

Nick

14. ics-scherii

I don't think it's OS-version-related.
    It may be a only-Vista issue, but like it seems it doesn't matter, if you run the 3CX Client on Home Basic/Premium, Buisiness or Ultimate.

Which headphone do you use?
    Mine is a Logitech USB-Headphone.

15. aerocom

Similarly, I don't think it matters about the hardware. As mentioned calls can be made from the softphone on Vista and work fine. It is only when a call comes in and is answered that there is a sound issue.

Cheers
    Darren

16. brianp

We are having the same problem. We have to exit and restart the 3CX Client before we can hear voice both ways. We need to get this resolved before we move forward in our evaluation of your product. Please help! :shock:

Below is our configuration:

Client machines: All run on Vista Ultimate
    3CX Server: Windows Server 2003

17. cjgates

I am wondering if anyone from 3CX is actually looking at this problem?????

Interestingly, I am using the full version of IBeam and am now experiencing the same issue with that client as with the 3cx client. Perhaps the problem is the PBX not the client???

Anyone else still having problems?

18. jimgreen8c

I'm having the exact same problem running 3CX softphone on windows 2000 pro. If I put users on hold they hear MOH so it's not an IP transmission issue from 3CX. It's from the client.

19. Sepp

Same here, ahd a lengthy session with the local 3cx guy, but could not resolve the problem, it is a real shame as otherwise all our hard phones are working perfectly, except for me and I am who pays..... so I am not upgrading to the paid system until this is fixed ......

Again what a shame.... this has been hanging around for a long time and when Windows 7 arrives , what happens then..

Sepp

20. brianp

Matt. My company would. We've basically halted our evaluation of the product over a month ago because of this issue. We've ask for help here in the forums, talked to a distributor (Deerfield) and others. Everybody acknoledges there is an issues. However, it's like talking to a black hole...when trying to get information from 3CX on an ETA as to when this will be fixed. I know this isn't the PAID support forums, but you would think that 3CX would be willing to help and COMMUNICATE with prospective customers during an evaluation. Feedback to 3CX, appoint a few technical engineers to support these forums!!!

Matt, information you can provide on this issue would be much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.