• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Vitelity Outbound / 403 Forbidden - Config Help, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunSeeker

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've tried (my best) to find what I'm looking for without bothering anyone but haven't come across it yet. I'm new to 3CX but not to Vitelity. I'm an IncrediblePBX convert.

I've watched the Vitelity config video for their trunks with 3CX however at the time of the video 3CX was on V12. https://www.vitelity.com/configuring-3cx-vitelity-sip-trunks/

I'm currently on 3CX v. 15.5.0

Inbound to the 3CX server I'm not having any issues what so ever, things are good. On the Outbound side I have sporadic 403 Forbidden errors. If I attempt 10 outgoing calls 4 will work and 6 will 403 with no setting changes.

I've opened a ticket with Vitelity and they've told me it's a configuration issue on how I setup my trunk in 3CX. Beyond that they can't tell me how to configure for v15.

Does anyone have a resource for how to configure Vitelity trunks with 3CX I can reference?

Thank you very much for your help.

Matthew

Of the top of my head, since some calls are working, and unless you are seeing registration errors, in the 3CX Activity Log, I would guess that it may have something to do with the particular numbers being sent (format?).

Are these domestic numbers that are a failing, or international numbers?

If you pick one number that has failed, and repeat dial that number, does it always fail? Vitality does allow you to restrict calls to numbers that are billed above a chosen rate (such as overseas mobile numbers), could that be it?

Hello, Thank you for your response!

So these are domestic (US) numbers. It doesn't always fail, only sporadically. I fear I'm really missing something on the setup of the Vitelity Trunk. Vitelity is asking me to setup my Outbound Host to 64.2.142.93. Anytime I put this IP in the Outbound Proxy box in the 3CX SIP Trunk setup I fail 100% of the time.

In FreePBX I used to setup an Inbound Trunk and an Outbound Trunk. It seems to me like 3CX joins those together as I can't figure out how to setup a Vitelity Outbound Trunk.

My current setup is this:

Trunk Details
- Enter Name for Trunk: Vitelity
- Registrar/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP: 66.241.99.27 (From Vitelity)
- Outbound Proxy: outbound.vitelity.net
- Number of SIM Calls: 6

Authentication:
Type of Authentication: Register/Account Based
Authentication ID: **Vitelity Sub Account Name**
Authentication Password: **Vitelity Sub Account Password**

This setup allows me to receive calls no problem, making them is a 50/50 success ratio. I understand that Vitelity on the outbound side does not use authentication and is only IP based. I however cannot figure out how to setup a trunk that is Outbound only and have it function with Vitelity.

I know I'm missing something really simple here but it's not for a lack of looking, I really appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you!
Matthew

I've had a Vitality trunk for a number of years. Just checked my settings...both the SIP server Hostname and the Outbound Proxy server
name are the same, in my case.... sip3.vitality.net, with both using port 5060. Now, It is a bit unusual to have you register to an IP rather than a URL, but if that is what they gave you, then I assume it should work. You might try putting the same info in both places and see what happens. As far as setting up outbound or inbound trunks...it is what you have asked for from a provider. You can purchase VoIP service for outgoing, with no incoming number associated with it, you will never receive a call on those trunks. You can have another service with a number, or numbers associated and you can choose not to route any outgoing calls to that trunk group, in essence, reserving it only for incoming calls.

Vitelity offers 2 ways of integration, one with username/password that requires 2 trunks and one which is IP-based and only requires one SIP Trunk to be created in the 3CX Management Console.
The only tested and supported way of using Vitelity with 3CX is when configured as per the guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/vitelity-usa-sip-trunk/

I can assist you but you need to be a bit stricter with the way you collect information from providers.

"I've opened a ticket with Vitelity and they've told me it's a configuration issue on how I setup my trunk in 3CX. Beyond that they can't tell me how to configure for v15."

I would ask them the following:

I am using your service and your servers tell me FORBIDDEN. Can you tell me what your servers do not like?
Are your servers doing this because they are in a bad mood or something? Because last we checked, sip engines reply forbidden for a distinct and specific reason or set of reasons / conditions.
Why forbidden? What the servers don't like?

In general some tips:
Never ask a provider what needs to be changed in product which is not theirs.
We@3CX will help you with that part. Just stick to get a technical solid reason why the service behaves in this way. Then reroute the information to the software manufacturer.

We just need to get the reason why a server replied forbidden and question why not another code? 403 or 401?

Usually forbidden in outbound calls can be as simple as a credit limit issue, incorrect cid making the provider's server think you are spoofing, or providers can mask overload with forbidden. Or maybe you are justy not allowed to call this number (but I strongly doubt this is your case)

Its like going to your doctor and he tells you - bro - you are sick. But I cannot tell you what to do.. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sd24mi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.