Vitelity setup and callerid setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by j_friedrich, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j_friedrich

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone has a working setup for Vitelity. Currently we are using the default 'generic' setup but wanted to know if there is a more refined / better setup everyone is using. Also, having some issues trying to get the 'extension' callerid to pass thru Vitelity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's time.

Jason

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I use Vitelity and its working great for me. They are not certified yet so there is no template, for now just use the generic setup and everything should work good. To fix the outbound caller id issue, follow this article:
    http://www.voipstore.com/how-to-set-3cx-caller-id/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. j_friedrich

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the quick response on the callerid! Second question for inbound did routing parameters. Under the 'Source ID' tab, We have the source identification by DID checked off. We have entered our DID numbers for our routing. We are not sure about the 'SIP Field containing DID numbers' field. We are having some issues where the calls are not coming in. Currently, the setting we have is 'Request Line URI:User Part'. Also, not sure about what parameters should be in the 'Inbound Parameters' tab? Currently, they are just defaults.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I only have the defaults being used. I used to have to do some other settings magic until a recent 3CX build that seemed to fix that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. j_friedrich

Hi,

Tried the callerid settings for vitelity as suggested. It worked initially, but, now vitelity returns the id '12345678912'?

Nothing changed on my end. I also opened up a ticket with vitelity but they don't know 3cx. They basically told me to check my caller id settings in the outbound trunk....no kidding.

Anyways, thanks for everyone's help.

Jason

6. j_friedrich

Hi guys,

Messing around with the outbound parameters, we are having better luck at passing callerid using the following settings:

Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part = "OutboundCallerID" Outbound caller Id taken from Extension.....

Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Display Name = "CallerDispName" Display name of a caller as it is in.....

Give it a try and see if it works better for ya.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.