• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Vitelity Setup / Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuhsay

Reaction score
Does anyone know what caller ID setting to use for Vitelity for Outbound Calls? I have them configured properly to make and receive calls, but when I make calls from my 3cx box the caller ID shows up as UNAVAILABLE. I am trying to set this value in the OUTBOUND CALLER ID field in 3cx.

Also, is there any way to remove the protection that forces unique user names? My inbound vitelity trunk can handle 2 simultaneous connections, but my outbound can do 10. They are both through vitelity and both use the same user name. 3cx requires that the user names be unique, so I can't set up 2 separate trunks.

Thanks,
Casey

Outbound caller ID will display 3CX entry only if allowed by the VSP. With the recent increase in caller ID spoofing it appears the majority of providers (that I have used) do not allow the ID from 3CX. If you have an inbound number from the VSP it is automatically attached, no inbound number = no ID outbound.

The inbound and outbound connections amount is defined in 3CX in the single line / trunk configuration. For example, if you define 10 outbound limit, that line will be used for 10 simultaneous outbound calls.

Vitelity allows CID Spoofing (I had it working with trixbox). I've tried all the options in Caller-ID is in 'user' part of (one of following): and this is the result I get:

'From' field: UNAVAILABLE
'To' field: UNAVAILABLE
'Request-Line-URI' field: RESTRICTED
'Contact' field: UNAVAILABLE
'RemotePartyID;party=calling' field: RESTRICTED

So you have already covered the Outbound Caller ID entry? 3CX Admin Page >> Lines >> Manage >> Line number under "Identification" column >> Other Options - second field. Sorry if I am repeating the obvious :oops: , sometimes (a lot) I overlook the basics myself.

Mirzab: Yes, this was set first and I never changed it.

I'm having the same issue. Anyone else got the CID working with Vitelity?

Just started using Vitelity for outbound calls and would like to get caller id at the receiving end to show my number.

I placed a call with Vitelity support and this is what I got back:

"Hello. According to our call detail reports you are not currently setting your outbound CID number properly. If you\'re unable or do not know how to do this, please take advantage of our sub account feature.

Simply specify the caller ID number you wish to display and make your server/device connect using the sub account login credentials. Make sure you change the routing on your DID to goto the sub account as well, via the DIDs -> DID action menu -> Routing page."

Was hoping someone may have already figured this out... :D

I think this should work for you guys:

1) Go to lines, manage and select "Manage Gateway & Providers"
2) Choose the Vitelity Provider account that you setup
3) Scroll down to "Gateway/Provider Outbound Parameters" and click it
4) Scroll down to "Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Display Name"
a) Set this to "CallerName - Caller's Name (Default..."
5) Move down to "Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part "
a) Set this to "CallerNum - Caller's Number (Default..."
6) OK settings

Now you should be able to set the caller ID on the line on the extension and have it pass through to Vitelity. Doing all this is seems to be the same as setting sendrpid=yes on an Asterisk box. The format of the caller ID appears to be 5551234567.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.