• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VM message left Notify Emergency Pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

michzone

Reaction score
Good day,

I'm new to this system 3 months in, changing up from an intertel phone system. So far the system is great and easy to work with. (just need to get in the correct thought process:)

My question before I make the final transition from the intertel system is regarding a way we had the ability to program the intertel system to call out to a pager number to notify the nurses on call that a message had been left in an emergency voicemailbox.

Example.
Caller calls in and hears:
To leave a general messages press 1 (goes to general VM box 200)
To reach our on call nurse press 2 (goes to emergency VM box 202)
When the call ends the system then calls the emergency pager number (example 989-777-1234)
Then it pauses like ******** (so the pager can do it's announcement)
Then it sends 202 202 (so the pager will receive 202 on the screen so they know what mailbox to check)
Then it hangs up.

Does anyone have their system configured to do this?
Can the system even do this?
If not any plans of this for development?

This would be a huge feature for the health care industry with drs & nurses and many other industries,
One might say just get the email notification on your cell phone. That is great feature but not for areas where cellular data is limited. From our 24 years in the industry Pagers are the only reliable way of notification. Pagers are also one item hospitals don't jam.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If you want the equipment data I'll post it but I don't think it will help in any way for this question.

Thanks
Jason

michzone said:
My question before I make the final transition from the intertel system is regarding a way we had the ability to program the intertel system to call out to a pager number to notify the nurses on call that a message had been left in an emergency voicemailbox.

For the time being (as far as I'm aware), voicemail notification consists of SIP MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) to a device, or an email sent. If the pager provider had a web page interface for the model pagers you use, you could possibly go through that.
You could suggest that feature, or do a search to see if it has already been suggested, at...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

I'm not sure if the next release (version 11) will provide any additional options.

I have seen mention of the desire to incorporate SMS. I know that pagers are still used by many people but the saturation, of the market, by mobile phones, (and many of those capable of email), may put this idea towards the bottom of the list.

SMS would be nice as well. Thank you for your imput into this.
I hope if they do SMS they would allow multiple numbers to be entered. Like broadcast SMS to 4 numbers.

Thanks again.

Dear Jason,
I think that I understand what you mean. A caller calls in and hears the digital receptionist and then selects option to call emergency nurse. The phone system then dials the pager number, and the nurse is alerted and she listens to VM202.

This should be straightforward, as when the user presses 2 the digital receptionist can call an extension - say 210. Extension 210 is not a real extension, it is just used to automatically call an external number - which can be the paging number.

Is that what you need to do? If so, 3CX will do it for you.

Richard

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.
That would work as the pager system asks for the person to enter in a call back number. And then the nurse could call the person back. That is a solution.

The way it was working on the intertel sys is a person would leave a message then it would tone out to the pager saying hey call in and check the voicemail. Allowing the nurse to look up data based on the message left and then return the call. It kinda expedited the phone call.

However I do believe that your way is a good fall back that I can make happen.

I will say 3cx has done a tremendous job at developing this system. I rave about it to everyone that I run into and they all want more details. As soon as I totally understand it I will help others set up their systems.

Thanks again for your solution.

Dear Michzone,
Give it a try and I hope that it all works well for you.

Kind regards
Richard

Richard,

Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.