• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

vmail email attached file ends prematurely on playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

loowee

Reaction score
Hey guys, title says it all, we have a problem with some voicemail being sent to the users via email as attached file and deleted from mailbox. The file is sent correctly and user receives an email but the attached WAV file is incomplete and playback ends before message is over.

There must be something that stops the recording or conversion, file would not even start if it would be corrupted.

Any idea ? Cant find any reference on the forum and I have 2 different installs that have experienced the problem.

Thx !

Hi,

can you check your .wav voice mail directly on the 3cx server? Is it normal or is it also corrupted? If it`s normal mybe the problem is with the mail server?

Hi mixig, I would think that if the file was not completely transfered, it would be litterally corrupted and not readable, my suspicion was on the audio compressor but would the wave file play if mail transfer was incomplete ?

Thx

If you send only first half of file, the file will be still play (first half), try to find file on the 3cx server and start with some player to be sure that this part is ok.

also try disabling the Anti virus software on your 3CX PC / Server as this can cause this. (Prevents 3CX from recording the voice mail)

Thx guys, will give it a try !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.