• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Vmail to Email problem (resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricambi America

Reaction score
I have no idea if the issues are related to our V10 upgrade or merely a coincidence, but from the day of our V10 upgrade we stopped getting email notifications of our night receptionist's voicemails. At first, we were excited that our workload each morning was so light.... but after thinking about it further, it seemed odd.

We use corporate gmail (google apps) for our email, and in 3CX we had previously set the outgoing mail server as "aspmx3.googlemail.com". (no user name, no authentication)

After several tests, we confirmed 3CX was absolutely not getting the mail out through that server. A simple change to "aspmx4.googlemail.com" appears to have solved them problem and a flood of voicemail/email notifications came in. So, if you're using Google Apps for your email, it is probably worth a check to verify the server settings.

Hi

We have updated our 3cx phone system from v98 to v10 without problems.

But we have two customers with the same problem : uninstall v9, install v10, restore PBX settings, and unable to log in admin console : "incorrect password". In the same time, in the windows event viewer we see that IPBX has banned the IP of all the phones for too many failed authentication !!

I am sure of the password of course, and if I uninstall V10 and re-install V9, no problem to log in with the same backup restored ...

Anyone could help ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.