Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VMDIALOUTENABLED = 0 not disabling outgoing calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vsefcik, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vsefcik

I read the new blog about securing 3CX at http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/securing-hints/ and checked if remote calling via voice mail was actually blocking calls. I am running version 8.0.10116 and I verified that the setting: Settings/Advanced/Custom Parameters/VMDIALOUTENABLED is set to 0 (zero), the default value. But, 3CX still allows an external caller get to voice mail (by dialing an extension that is configured to forward all calls to the voice mail SpecialMenu number), enter '9' to be sent to the options menu, enter '3' to make an outbound call, and then enter a long distance number. The call was completed and not blocked. Is there something else that needs to be changed to block external calls from the voice mail options menu?

2. sunstate

sunstate Member

Not that this really helps you, but on a fresh install of the latest build it is disabled by default and works properly. I get "Call blocked by administrator".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roth

I'm also running 8.0.10116 and there is no custom parameter for this. I added one but it didn't disable the feture.

Does anyone know at what version number was this implemented?

4. sunstate

sunstate Member

I'm running 8.0.10824.716.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the feature is not implemented in your build, you cannot just simply Add the parameter and hope it works.

Unfortunately i don't remember in which exact build this was implemented, but what you can do is just head over to the Downloads section and download the latest V8 PBX.

If VMDIALOUTENABLED does not work for you, simply try to upgrade your Version of the PBX and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.