• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Vodafone Station Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzop

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to configute a new installation of 3CX with a Vodafone Station and I am having some trouble.

Could anyone share with me the proper confoguration for the Vodafone Station?

I am trying to run the IP-PBX just with SIP extensions and one SIP trunk with my ternination provider (VoiceTrading).

Best regards,
Enzo

You'll have to provide more details on exactly what a "Vodafone station" is. I wasn't aware that Vodafone makes any hardware.

SHG1500 Configuration

Maybe only by branding? That may also stop using FXS on that router on other providers :S

The Vodafone Station Revolution is actually a Huawei HHG2500: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Huawei_HHG2500

The fact that it is both a router/modem, and, provides two FXS ports (with service from Vodafone, i assume), I'm not certain how you intend on using it. If it is just for the router portion, then it may be possible, but you have to be aware that port 5060 and 5061 (and others) may be intercepted for use by the internal FXS ports. This means that the 3CX will have to use something else.

Here is some information on setting up port forwarding in a router when used with the 3CX PBX...
http://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-router-configuration-voip/

If your intention is to use the FXS ports with the 3CX PBX, you may be out of luck. Not being familiar with that router, I don't know if all of the internal SIP settings are even available for customer configuration (I would suspect not). The SIP devices will probably be connected on the WAN side of the router, which means having them register to the PBX, on the LAN side, presents some problems, which, may prove insurmountable as the router is not designed for this.

You will have to explain what your intentions are.

Thanks,

I am not planning to use the unit other than as router. I have installed 3CX on a PC and I just need to connect SIP extentions and a SIP trunk to my VoIP provider. No plan to use the FXS ports on the router. I tried to configure the port forwarding but didn't work. Also had problem in defining the forwarding for a range (9000-9500).

Best regards,
Enzo

As I said, having two FXS sockets means that some SIP ports will be "reserved", for internal use. There is probably no way to change this, but you might be able to work-around by changing the ports that 3CX normally uses, although there is no guarantee.

enzop said:
Also had problem in defining the forwarding for a range (9000-9500).

A problem in what way? Error message, No options for those port available?

If you haven't done so, you may want to have a look through this site...

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/

They don't have your exact model, but do list several Vodafone units. There may be some similarities, that can be used to help option your router.

enzop said:
I am not planning to use the unit other than as router. I have installed 3CX on a PC and I just need to connect SIP extentions and a SIP trunk to my VoIP provider. No plan to use the FXS ports on the router. I tried to configure the port forwarding but didn't work. Also had problem in defining the forwarding for a range (9000-9500).
I would also try another strategy by switching that router into bridge mode(if possible or another modem). That would require new temporal install of 3cx just to confirm that provider can be registered...

leejor said:
If your intention is to use the FXS ports with the 3CX PBX, you may be out of luck. Not being familiar with that router, I don't know if all of the internal SIP settings are even available for customer configuration (I would suspect not). The SIP devices will probably be connected on the WAN side of the router, which means having them register to the PBX, on the LAN side, presents some problems, which, may prove insurmountable as the router is not designed for this.
On some routers it is possible to configure one LAN port as WAN. But 3cx will reject calls from that "remote" extension. Maybe Matching Strategy can be less restrictive on private networks?

Thanks Sopok,

Unfortunately is not that simple: the Vodafone Station is a (White) Black box with lot of functionality but hard to be hacked since it provides not only ADSL but also Vodafone telephony services on top of the ADLS.

For the time being I would be happy to be able to properly set up the port forwarding, eventually I could connect the FXS port available in the Station to an FXO in the 3CX PBX, but for the time being I haven't been able to set up even basic VoIP functionality and register a softphone.

I have little or almost no experience with the 3CX but plenty (about 10 years) of Elastix and Asterisk experience. This time I was trying to make good use of a Windows PC I have at home running Weather Services adding PBX functionality but the job has becoming harder then expected...

I understand that this Huawei HHG2500 - Vodafone Station is pretty new, but I hoped someone else had already faced and overcome the problems I am currently experiencing...

enzop said:
eventually I could connect the FXS port available in the Station to an FXO in the 3CX PBX, but for the time being I haven't been able to set up even basic VoIP functionality and register a softphone.

Te 3CX PBX will be on the LAN (internal) network. The FXS ports on the Vodafone station are on the WAN (external side), so "as is" it's probably not going to work. They wont be assigned an IP in the same range as a device on the LAN.

Not sure of what you mean: FXS is an analog port and has nothing to do with the LAN or WAN nor with the assignment of the IP adress...

Is the FXS you are talking about not one of the ports on the Vodafone Station? If so, and you are attempting to use it to connect to an extension off the 3CX PBX (and not a telephony service from Vodafone), then it's IP/Port is of concern. If that isn't what you are attempting to do, then you'll have to provide more detail of what you are attempting to set-up.

I assumed that this is what you are attempting to do going by this statement...

enzop said:
For the time being I would be happy to be able to properly set up the port forwarding, eventually I could connect the FXS port available in the Station to an FXO in the 3CX PBX, but for the time being I haven't been able to set up even basic VoIP functionality and register a softphone.

Hello again, Leejor.

Yes, of course the only available alternative I have is connecting the FXS port of the Vodafone Station to an FXO port out of the 3CX server. I still don't understand what other alternative you may be suggesting: if you are connecting analog extensions (FXS) and/or trunks (FXO) you are dealing with standard analog signaling. I cannot see how TCP/IP may be involved. Unless I am missing something...

If you are using the FXS ports with phone service (dialtone) provided by Vodafone, then running that/those to a gateway, which is then connected to 3CX, as a trunk, then that should work. I had assumed, incorrectly, that you were attempting to run 3CX extensions through the Vodafone Stations ATA's, which (not with the same make router), other have attempted.

enzop said:
I am trying to run the IP-PBX just with SIP extensions and one SIP trunk with my ternination provider (VoiceTrading).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.