Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voice box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by barman123, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barman123

Hello !

I've a big problem.
    I made a Ring Group. In this group there are 2 person.
    When it switch to the Voice box, after 15 secondes, the message (prompts ?) is automatic and in french.
    It says ''let your message and press # for example". I want to modify it in english how can I make it ?
    Is it a Prompts ? If yes, I don't want to put the Prompts in english, because I need french Prompts on the other services in the company. But maybe I can change the file.wav and create a new one ?

Thank you in advance !

Sorry for my english I speak french.

2. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi barman123

You can replace the existing prompts with a custom recorded one. The example message that you gave is record_your_message.wav and it can be found in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\%PromptSubDirectory%
    Note: The custom message must have the same name as the one located in the directory above in order to replace the file. Also note that the file must be in WAV format in PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. barman123

Thank you for the answer !

I just have a second question, if I change the record_your_message.wav, will it change for all the people who will call the company ? Because I just want a personalized prompts for the english support of the company. Only 2 people will have a prompts in english and the other will have the same as now, in french.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey there,

If you change the wav file it will change the prompt for all the Voice Mailboxes.
    If you want to change the Voice Mail prompt for only certain extensions you can do this via the Management Console -> Extensions -> edit the extension you want -> "Voice Mail" tab, here either choose "Record from phone" or "Add new" to add a new prompt to the list. Once you see the new prompt in the list, you can adjust the drop-down box at the bottom labeled "Play this greeting for a;; profiles" and select the new one you recorded/chose. Don't forget to hit Apply.

Now this Extension's VM greeting should have changed while all the prompt for all other Extensions remains the default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.