Voice delay when Pick Up a call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by juanky, Jul 18, 2007.

1. juanky

Hello again,

As I commented in an earlier post, I'm having a huge delays in phone converstations when the call has been pick up.

The delays are 7-10secons in length... like

Hello ==== 10seconds ====== Hello

The sound has god quality and there isn't packet loss you hear all the conversation but 10second delayed ... and your interlocutor hear you 10 seconds delayed... making the convresation very annoying

I note that issue occurs when I have cofigured a Digital recepcionist to dispatch the incoming external calls...
    i.e
    If you configure the 3CX to receive all the incoming calls directly in a extension... and when that extension rings you pick up the call from another extension... In this case, you get the call and NO delays occurs..

But

if you configure the 3CX to receive the incoming call via a Digital Recepcionist... and that Digital Recepcionist transfer the call to an extension... that extension rings.. you pick upd the call form another extension... you get the call ...but the 10s delay occurs...
    It looks that delay occurs when I pick up a transfered call from Digital Recepcionist...

I try to fix it binding/unbinding the extension from media server without success..

what can i do to fix it??

My hardware:
    Voip Gateway: Lancom 1724 ISDN Voip Gateway
    Extension : HT-486 ATAs
    3CX System: Pentium III 1 Ghz, 1 Gb RAm

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

didn't we fix that at some stage? Or have we jus plainly ignoring you because we do not know the reall answer :lol:

Do you have some sort of log you can show us?

Anyway:

Is it a noce of eg only at the start of the call or is it repetitive?

3. juanky

The delay occurss always when i pick up a call that has been transfered by the digital recepcionist...

I'll try to post several logs ...

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Thank you for very clear description. Just specify which version you are using.

Thanks,
    Stepan

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After you pick up the call you get the 10 odd seconds delay, but how is the call after that does the delay remain or is the call after that ok (eg no delays in response?).

6. juanky

Hello again,

The 10 odd seconds dalay remains during all the conversation... so it's very hard to speak with your interlocutor

(interlocutor) bla, bla >>>>> 10 seconds >>>>>> bla, bla (me)
    (interlocutor) ble, ble <<<<< 10 seconds <<<<<< ble, ble (me)
    (interlocutor) bli, bli >>>>> 10 seconds >>>>>> bli, bli (me)

after 1 minute you get a litle chaos, because you don't know what you are answering

(interlocutor) bla, ble, bli <><><> 10 seconds <><><> bla,ble,bli (me)

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi juanky,

few questions:

1. Is Lancom 1724 ISDN Voip Gateway bound to media server?
    2. Is HT-486 ATAs connected to MediaServer?
    3. Is delay appeared if both are not bound on MediaServer?
    4. Is delay appeared if both are bound on MediaServer?

Thanks,
    Stepan

8. juanky

Hi SY, i'll try to anwser all your quetions...

Both Lancom 1724 and HT-486 are bounded to Media Sever...

I've tried all binding to media server posibilities .... (Gateway bounded, ATA no , Gateway not , ATA bouded.... )

I think is a problem related with the Digital Recepcionist

Because:

Case A)
    ---Incom. Call ---> Lancom --> 3CX --> ATA Ext 100 ...(Ring,Ring)... [pickup ] ---> ATA Ext 101 (me) :) :::NO DELAYs:::

Case B)

--- Inc. Call ---> Lancom --> 3CX --> D. Recep. (welcom to... tranfering your call ) ----> ATA Ext 100 ....(Ring,Ring)... [pickup ] ---> ATA Ext 101 (me) :-( ::: 10 s DELAYs :::

If I configure the 3CX with the case A... no delay occurss when I pickup... but when the systes is configured as the case B... the delay appears....

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

If both not bound but delay appears after transfer, then it is a problem of one of the devices.

10. Ralph

Ralph Member

Jitter Buffer?

Is it possible that he has his Jitter Buffer on the phones set waaaay to high??

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: Jitter Buffer?

At this time I'm suspecting some problem with SDP renegotiation on one of the device. But it is only for a case if delay appears even if both devices not bound to MediaServer.

Anyway, this situation is not reproducible for most of hardware combinations :( .

Thanks for a comment,
    Stepan

12. juanky

Hi Sy,

I'll try to do all the tests again...

But I have a doubt...

The delay appears when I pickup the call and I'm using a digital recepcionist...but If the call is transferred to my extension or I configure a ring group in hunting mode ... this delay doesn't occur...

Examples

A)
    --- Inc. Call ---> Lancom --> 3CX --> D. Recep. (welcom to... tranfering your call ) ----> ATA Ext 101 (me) ::: No DELAYs :::

B)
    --- Inc. Call ---> Lancom --> 3CX --> D. Recep. (welcom to... tranfering your call ) ----> ATA Ext 100 ---> (transfer the call)---> ATA Ext 101 (me) ::: No DELAYs :::

C)
    --- Inc. Call ---> Lancom --> 3CX --> D. Recep. (welcom to... tranfering your call ) ----> {Ring Group} ---> ATA Ext 100 --->(first Ring Group entry timeouts, so next entry) ---> ATA Ext 101 (me) ::: No DELAYs :::

In all the above examples the delay does NOT occurs.... and I suppose if this issue is related with the configuration on one of the device... the delay also must appear in these examples... but It doesn't...
    Really at this moment I don't know what to think... It's getting me crazy... :shock:

13. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

juanky,

I'm confused by this situation as well :(

Sorry for repeating questions.
    1. Does it happen with all of extensions or with specific one?
    2. Does it appear if call initiated from another extension (not from gateway)?

Thanks,
    Stepan

14. AlecM

Call intervention (group pickup) also causes audio delay

Hi,

Systems:
    3CX on twin P-III 650MHz, 512Mb RAM, Win XP Pro SP2.
    Grandstream GXW-4104 FXO gateway, with 3 PSTN lines registered.
    14 Grandstream BT-200 handsets.

(Only using PSTN at them moment.)

I have configured a group pickup using
    [DialCodes]
    pickup=566

(ref to: http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/3cx-phone-system-general-1/interception-2275/)

This allows any internal extension to pickup another that is ringing by dialing 566.

However, when using this feature for a PSTN->3CX incoming call, I also get the 7-10 second delay in the conversation. So the two people involved in the conversation have to have great patience.

The delay does not seem to occur when picking up internal-only calls between extensions.

Alec

15. LORD ORION

Try disabling SDP change support on the extension.

I have seen something similar to this where an end point that doesn't support reinvite does not answer the SDP change request, so you need to wait for timeout on the request before the callee decides it should proceed.

Also, there are devices that do not consider an SDP header change to be a real SDP change, in such a case you must disable reinvite altogether or the call will be stuck in limbo.

eg: SDP is sendrecv and changes to sendonly, it then waits for an acknowledgement that never comes because the endpoint does not think an SDP change has occured.

It may not be the cause, but it can't hurt to try since it is only a few checkmarks to uncheck.