voice delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Craigie, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craigie

We are testing 3CX for our company and so far are thrilled. The only issue we are having is a delay when having a long distance phone call with someone. Not as bad as the satellite phone delay from a cruise ship...but definitely noticeable both by people in my office and the people they are speaking too. We are using callcentric for our external VOIP and on the test site myvoipspeed.com it is showing consistently less than 1ms of jitter and 0.0% packet lost. Does anyone have a sense of whether it would be better to try upgrading our internal server or buying an 8 port gateway and connecting thru our existing pots lines to eliminate this problem?

2. Craigie

Hi Matt,

The server is an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 3GB of RAM . Do you or anyone else on here have a recommendation for a 6 or 8 line gateway? In addition to not really wanting to spend the money unless its needed, I got 2 recommendations from 3CXs main VAR. One for $250 and one for $700 (approximates from weak memory). When I asked the sales rep what the difference was he gave me the not very convincing argument that the $700 model had to be MUCH better cause it was almost 3 times the cost!

Thanks so much
    Craig

3. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Try using a supported provider on both ends of the equation as another option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Craigie

Hi William,

Thanks for the response, but I am not sure I understand. We are using CallCentric, which I believe is a supported provider...and I don't understand what you mean by both ends?

Also, an additional piece of the equation is that when I noticed the delay the most, I was using a headset thru a USB hub. Would that have any effect on the call quality?

Thanks All,
    Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.