voice issue when using 3cx app

Discussion in 'Android' started by syed, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syed

Hi,

There is a voice breaking while communicating between extension to extension over the 3G/4G , is there anything we can check from 3cx ?

Thanks & Regards

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that this isn't happening when using wifi, either in the office, or out?

You could try changing , or limiting the choice of Codecs in the App. You could try setting the extension options to "PBX delivers audio", just to see if there is a difference. Have you tried using the 3CX tunnel?

If your Mobile provider, is in fact, the cause of the issue, you may not have many options.

3. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi all,

I am facinf the same áudio choping that happened a while ago before the last update.

I am not sure if the issue is back.

4. manalishi

Hi guys,

we are using the 3CX System since a few weeks now with 3CX Windows Desktop- and Android mobile clients. Server is running on virtualized 2012-R2srv, Wifi infrastructure is based on Unifi AP Accesspoints.

I was following several threads regarding audio issues with mobile devices. I'm thinking now about testing Panasonic KX-PRX110 Android 4.x mobile devices which have DECT connectivity.

Would you expect also audio issues with this mobile devices using the 3CX Android app, connected by DECT to a N510 pro LAN-DECT Adapter?
    Does the android app use the DECT connectivity on the Panasonic devices or just Wifi?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Android won't be using DECT. DECT is only used between a cordless base-station and the handsets registered to it. You will have to determine what "leg" has the issue, Android to the server (over what transport method), DECT handset to base, base to server.

6. manalishi

Tnx leejor,

this seems to me if i will follow the android track I will end up in all the issues mentioned in the existing 3CX Android threads.

So I will start with implementing a N510 PRO LAN/DECT Station and some DECT mobile devices

Let's see how reliable this will be.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

DECT seems to have a better track record for reliability in a office (indoor) environment, not to mention the (much better) battery life of an always-on device. It's also a bonus if your system has the ability to do base station hand-offs, as some can.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One thing to keep in mind with the N510. Even though you can register six handsets and six different SIP accounts, it only supports four concurrent conversations. So...if you "load it up" to the max, you may have some calls that don't go through if four are already in use. I use a couple of the non-Pro Gigaset Voip base stations and found that if each handset is set to a different extension, and all extensions are in the same ring group, only three (non-pro limit is 3 conversations) will ring.

9. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Did you have the app running in background while you were talking?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. manalishi

Hi Marios,

the app was not running in Background. Meanwhile we changed technology to SNOM M300 with M25 DECT devices. The Gigaset N510 Pro turned out as a not very integrated product. There is no option for a global phonebook.

Provisioning with the 3CX was straight forward, despite the fact that the snom_phonebook.xml is almost useless. But since the M300 is not updating automatically it's phonebook from this file anyway, we went with the LDAP Phonebook for M300 . We are using the Free Edition of 3CX, so we do parallel updates to the LDAP and the 3CX database from our Exchange Server by some batch routines.
    SNOM M300 supports LDAP phonebook and the M25 Devices have no connectivity issues yet. For now we are satisfied.

tnx for your support.

Marios Neophytou likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.