• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voice Mail after Call forwarding to a cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dx7

Reaction score
I am using cellphones as virtual extensions.

It works as follows:

1) When we get a call the digital receptionist gets the call
2) As caller press let's say #2 they get to extension 002
3) Extension 002 is not registered and forwards the call directly to a cell phone
4) If no one picks up such cell phone in a timely manner the cellphone answering machine picks up

I just wish that if we didn't pick up the cell phone in 20 seconds 3CX will notice that the call has not reached a live person and would ask the caller to either leave a message or go back to the main menu.

Is this a paid version feature only maybe? I'm I missing any obvious steps in the configuration that would allow me achieve what I'm describing here?

Thanks for reading, much bigger thanks for replying, infinite THANKS for offering an easy to understand solution!

Kudos to the creators of 3CX!

One of the problems, when sending a call to a mobile using VoIP trunks where called party status is sent back to 3CX, is that 3CX just knows that the call has been answered. There is nothing to indicate that a human didn't actually answer the phone. You can also run into issues if the mobile user is already on a call or in an area with no signal, the 3CX call will go directly to the mobiles voicemail.

I think that "Rebound" covers this use case.

Leejor:
"if the mobile user is already on a call or in an area with no signal, the 3CX call will go directly to the mobiles voicemail."

All you say is true. I actually thought about disabling the cellphone voice mail altogether. When I am on a call on my cell phone I have a call waiting indicator. I thought that call waiting will give it enough time so that if there was some sort of a timer under the option "Send to my mobile" or under "Sent to external number" could pass the call to another routine so the caller would eventually go back to the machine.

SY:

I think you just said the magic word! I'm trying "Rebound" as soon as I finish typing this!!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! Will post results after I try Rebound.

Configuring Rebound

That worked! However it doesn't time out when it goes accidentally let's say to a cell phone voice mail and that is a totally separate issue from my original question and it deserves a completely separate topic.

Rebound interacting w/an answering machine! Time Out please!

Shouldn't there should be some sort of timer for this feature where you tell the feature to time out if unable to fetch an answer from the callee? If a call gets routed to a cell phone and the callee is unable to pickup the call and the cell phone service voice mail gets the call, the cell phone service will not be able to press anything or confirm anything so that rebound would work as expected.

Rebound was made to interact with a human, it however doesn't seem to have a programmable time out feature (as far as my lack of knowledge allows me to see) so the rebound feature ends up trying to interact with a machine and keeps asking my cell phone's answering machine the same question over and over: "Press 1 to accept, press pound to send the call to voice mail" while the caller waits. About a minute and half later rebound does finally time out and directs the customer to voice mail, but I don't see where I can have a say regarding how long should rebound take to fetch an answer from the callee before we could tell it to abort that mission and do something else.

Is there any way to intervene so that we can get a bit control over the behavior of Rebound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.