VOice mail and 3.1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by huzer1, Feb 8, 2008.

1. huzer1

Well my first issue that has come up is people are leaving voicemails, and the server isn't saving them. When you check it says none. Second, I have really bad feedback on the phones, IE. you can hear yourself talking when in a conversation with people. I have Cisco 7960g's a Audio Codes MP-144 gateway, and am running 3CX Phone System Version 3.1.2434.0, any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

2. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Re: Several issues

Would you consider to upgrade to Version 5 in stead of version 3?

3. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I was getting feedback on my 7960 but with a Linksys SPA3102, I switched echo calncelling on in the 3102 and now you sometimes get a bit of echo at the start of the conversation and then it sort it's self out

4. huzer1

I do have the echo canceling turned on in the gateway, doesn't seem to help much, I am going to try the upgrade to version 5 tonight, as well as a firmware update to the AudioCodes gateway. Thanks for input, ill post back here and tell how it went.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

PBX is not a source of echo and it is a reason why it cannot fix it, sorry.
    At the moment, It is true for all 3CX PBX versions

Regards

6. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

I agree: The PBX is not a source of echo, but it would be helpfull if he upgrades to version 5 for support purposes

7. huzer1

Well after upgrading both the server and the gateway, I found the solution quite by accident. There is an option in the Audiocodes gate called "MaxEchoCancellerLength " I changed this from auto to 32ms and it seems to have completely eliminated the problem. Also the voicemails not being recorded was fixed with going to version 5. Thanks for everyones help and thanks for the great product!