Voice mail calls Pager

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by longhairr, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longhairr

Yes I know that Pagers are so 1980's-90's but per our HR dept we still have them here..... Currently when we leave a voice mail at certain extensions (on our soon to be out going phone system) it will send a message to their pager. Is there anyway of doing this in 3CX? I am assuming not, as I didn't see a post about pagers when doing a quick search. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Yes, going mobile would be ideal but not until HR people retire. ;) ...... Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some companies that maintain pager networks allow emails to the pager. Although this is generally designed for alphanumeric pagers it may work with numeric only models even if they don't say they support it. Check with your provider. If you use numeric pagers, the page may make no sense, but may be consistent enough in it's gibberish to be recognised as coming from 3CX.

If you do some searching, there may be some software that will take emails and convert them to a page.

3. 12494

12494 Member

3CX can send an alert to an email address when a voicemail has been recorded. The mobile operators that I am familiar with provide an email to text gateway so you could just put in their phones email address. For example, verizon has aaabbbcccc@vtext.com where aaabbbcccc is the 10 digit phone number. It's just a question of whether your paging service has such a gateway.
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.