Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voice Mail Greeting Lag

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kenr34, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenr34

Have an issue with lag time of about 4 seconds from when caller hears last ring to voice mail message starting. Is there any setting to check for this?

What should the average lag time be?

Can I switch from wav to MP3 format on the files?

I think it coulld be the PC I installed on, its only a dual PIII 233 with 512 ram running XP :oops: , but the voice quality and all other funtcions are fine.

Thank for your support 8)

-Ken

2. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I'm having the same lag even on a bigger server, so I think it's not your PC. I think it's not normal, but I didn't check for this yet, I have other things to test/configure.

And yes you can use MP3 files, but I tried and it doesn't help, in fact, I had more lag because the wav file is recorded in lower quality (read the manual to find what quality a wav file should be for 3CX, I don't remember it by heart).

3. h2009

h2009 Member

Check your sound card drivers are up to date. If your using old drivers it may impact the performance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kenr34

Thanks for the suggstions.
    I'll check the sound card drivers and see if that makes any difference. Other things I tried like defraging the drive and cutting other applications off to save resources didn't bring any change. Server logs are not showing any delay in the IVR application starting. Still seeing from 4, actually closer to 6 seconds lag before the message starts playing.

-Ken

5. colin2710

Hi there,

I have had the same thing with the auto attendant, but the delay is 11 seconds - see below:

14:34:31.625 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound office hours' rule for LN:10003 forwards to DN:80152
    14:34:20.671 CallLeg::eek:nConfirmed Session 51 of leg C:13.1 is confirmed

What was happening between 14:34:20 and 14:34:31 (11 seconds) of silence before the auto attendant starts. I don't remember this being the case with the last version.

Can anyone help with this.

Regards - Colin

6. stevef

We have the same problem with a customer system. Inbound call is answered and there is a delay of several seconds before voice mail greeting starts. Many callers simply hang up because they think it's a dead line.
    Anyone got any ideas what's causing the delay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. stevef

We are running v5.1.4128.0 in house and have no problem.
    Customer has exactly the same build and is getting big delay.

Is it a machine performance thing? We are using a dedicated PC they are running on a shared server (Windows Small Business Server 2003)

8. woody

colin2710's machine is an amply specc'd Windows 2000 Server and not busy, so it seems unlikely to be due to a lack of resources. I wonder if 3CX has some sort of really bizarre non-standard requirement as far as hardware is concerned?

9. coelhopsi

I also have this problem when the call is forwarded to the Digital Receptionist. Delays can be up to 30 seconds. I'm still using the 3CX on a Virtual Machine with very low memory and have not had time yet to test it on a dedicate machine to see if this is causing the issue neither perform any more tests to narrow down the problem. If I found out something on the next few days (if I have time), I'll let you all know.

10. kenr34

I'm still hackin around with my pc on this one. I noticed it also has this extreme lag when you dial 999 to check voice mail. Sometimes over 20 sec between prompts, and long delay in message playback. I don't think its sound card related since I've changed hardware accelaration and such with no luck. But for the record I am using a SB Live card if anyone cares to know.

Someone toss us a bone on this issue...

:cry:

11. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

Any fix on this issue yet? I have a dual Quad core and 3gb of mem and I am getting the same thing in V6.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Servers with lower specifications may have delay troubles delivering audio.

However, higher specs would not always mean a solution. A very highly specced server with very high usage will still suffer. Remember we are doing RT audio here.

What does CPU utilisation and memory use look like during these problems?

Thanks,

13. Henk

Henk Member

CPU and Memory are in general pretty ok so quad core etc might not be the issue.

We have similar problems on mediacentre boxes etc. Here are a few things you might want to look at:

- Codecs, not that you can put new ones in but make sure your phones are using the correct ones.
    - Anti virus, often forgotten but can delay some of the IO
    - IO the good old hd's it should be ok, but there was a similar issue with the early versions 4 and even 5 I believe. I overcame this by having 3cx and the OS (swap in particular) on separate disks. But it should not require that.

H.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whilst performing some tests yesterday we found that a system which has heavy I/O will suffer when processing the audio.

A powerful computer may still have heavy I/O - especially on Windows. This is beacuse the operating system will start to use virtual memory even when the RAM has not been filled up yet. This could cause the audio delays people are experiencing.

As an experimental, academic exercise ONLY, you can try vastly reducing (or disabling!) Virtual Memory and check for any differences.

15. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

The odd thing is this server ran 5 great, but when 6 came out I got choppy voice prompts. Also we don't get this when talking to people, only on promts, and voicemail. The phone software is the only thing on this server, and it is a dell power edge 2900, with dual quad, with 3GB of memory. It also has 7200RPM HD's. So I would find it odd to be an issue with I/O. I will try it, but any other things I could try?

Dan

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that fails, I would really reccommend technical support.

To get technical support on this one, you can contact our technical support (This requires commercial edition with support package). If you have a commercial edition, but no support package, you can purchase one here:

https://erp.3cx.com/orderform/support.aspx

If you have any questions please contact sales on sales@3cx.com

Thanks,

17. Henk

Henk Member

Your server looks like spec enough to me.

Just to be sure check the following:

- Antivirus, make sure that the directory of 3CX voice, messages and recordings is not part of the "scanned" area.
    - The good old defrag, does wonders.

Let me know how you go.

H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.