voice mail greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abelaguilar, Jan 15, 2008.

1. abelaguilar

Hello all:

Wondering if there is a way to upload a voicemail greeting into a specific extension.

I know you can dial the extension and record a greeting, but I have specific vmail greetings in mp3 and wav that I would like to upload to use for the offices general voice mailbox.

Also, is there a way to turn down the volume of the music on hold? Its really loud to the listener.

Thanks, 3cx rocks!!!

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well about the volume to high, you can use a program to edit the sound file and lower the volume on that, 3cx has no way on its configuration to change such thing.
    About the first thing its also possible, sound files are inside the program folder and they can be replaced by others...
    Keep in mind thoug to use the right Khz and bits so that you wont have any problems...

Cheers

3. abelaguilar

R U saying the program folder in windows? There is a way to add a sound file to a specific extension and use it as its greeting? anyone knows the specific details on format and khz of this sound file?

Thankjs

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

What you want to do is record the greeting for one extension. This will make sure it's in the correct format. Otherwise you need: 128kbps, 16 bit, 1 channel, 8khs sample race, PCM audio format.
    Greeting are in:
    \Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data\100\SaveVMGreeting.wav

You can create more folders (100 is the ext) and copy the file to other folders.