Voice Mail Greetings and Sytem Prompts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jetcityjules, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetcityjules

Hi,

I have setup extensions, digital receptionists, and ring group. I can get the ring group to play the message I want via digital receptionist but it doesn't give me the option to play the message AND leave a voicemail.

If I set the digital receptionist to ring to forward to an extension (which i have configured to go direct to vm), it doesn't play a greeting for that extension, it plays the system prompt "record your message....".

What I need to happen is play a greeting asking them to leave their call back info and what the problem is (this is a technical support ext) and then do the record beep.

Also, is there anyway to record or update the System prompts .wav files?

Thanks,
    Julie

2. DXS_Matt

Regarding the extension issues, I would just double check that all of your routing is correct between the ring group and extensions.

You can indeed record your own system prompts, but it may overwrite the prompts for use elsewhere in the system.
    You can find the list of prompts and how to change them by going to Settings -> System Prompts and Modifying the Promptset, Copy it to a new one and edit your new promptset.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.