Voice mail holding up PSTN line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by goodwija, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodwija

Using v7.1 RC1 and Patton 4112

Setup so that incoming call goes to VM on no answer. If the caller presses # then 0 all works OK.

If the caller leaves no message and hangs up OR presses # without pressing 0 the PSTN line hangs up. Incoming caller get busy tone, outgoing call gets busy on SIP phone.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Is the patton bound to media server? (PBX delivers audio)

From the title "Voice mail holding up PSTN line" I get the impression that the line is still occupied. Is this the case?

If this is the case, the next release will have a fix for this.

If the caller simply hangs up, go to Line status - do you still see the patton line connected?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. goodwija

Yes the line shows connected even though the incoming call has cleared down.

When you say fixed in the next version do you mean v8 or the final version of 7.1?

Thanks

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

goodwija,

Please configure your PSTN gateway (ask telco how to do it) to detect "hang up" on remote side. There is nothing to do on PBX side, sorry...

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

things to ask your telco

battery reversal
    Disconnect tone
    Loopbreak disconnect signals

These you have to know - and you have to configure them in the gateway. They depend on what your telco tells you and what type gateway+firmware you have.

We released a build today that gives a "helping hand" to an improperly configured gateway. If calls go to voicemail, and the bye is not "recognized" the voicemail manager will disconnect the call after approx 120 sec. This was implemented for compatibility purposes to at least free the FXO line.

Install RC3 - this is the latest - probably this will be promoted to Final in the next coming days..

6. goodwija

OK thanks. Have upgraded to RC3 and yes the line clears after 120 secs, so that is much better but will look into the PSTN line question.

The line is a standard BT PSTN line so I don't think there is anything unusual about it. I'm using your standard 4112 config file.

Rgds

John

7. goodwija

Sorry forgot to mention using 4112 firmware 5.1

Do you think 5.2 would be a better option and if so would it work with the same auto generated config file?

Thanks

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

5.2 will not fix a dial tone issue.

However I suggest that

1) you upgrade to 5.2 because there are some good fixes related to sdp which will help transfer issues.
    2) No - it will not work with the current firmware 4 config. But you can upgrade the patton, reload, delete the line and create it from scratch the same way selecting the template for the 5 firmware. Then import it and it will register and become online in no time after the import process. We have moved all testing devices to firmware 5. There are some fixes in fax too which are important.

The 5.2 firmware is better than the 4 - it has important fixes which you will definitely need. Especially a particular fix with Blank sdp - even this alone is worth the upgrade.

9. goodwija

Thanks for the advice.

I have fixed the original incoming PSTN call termination issue.

For anyone in the UK there are some useful documents at http://www.sinet.bt.com. Documents SIN350 and SIN351 detail the UK PSTN line specification.

I have now changed the loop break parameter as follows -- loop-break-duration min 80 max 240.

This has solved the problem and the patton sees the call clearing straight away.

UK English Prompt Set
    Since moving to RC3 I no longer seem to be able to select the UK English prompt set. Even though the systems says that it is installed there are no drop down options from the System Promp Settings -> Manage Promptset.

Rgds

John

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

good about the loop break

About the prompt sets - What are you doing exactly ?

YOu have restored a backup with UK prompts?

Or you had a clean installation and downloaded the prompts? Then selected them?

So you are saying that you click on the drop down and nothing shows up? Can you send me a configuration - because I just rechecked this now and it works... absolutely no changes were made in this area. Contact me by email directly on the prompts - nb@3cx.com

11. goodwija

Thanks you should have a mail now.

Rgds

John

12. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

John,

Excuse me for the "tone" of my previous post and thanks a lot for valuable hint. I hope that everybody who use BT link in UK will appreciate it.

13. Nebula

Nebula New Member

John,

Really useful post regarding the Patton hang up issue. Been have the same problem for some time with a 4112. Changed the loop break values to those suggested and it is fine now.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.