Voice mail in Portuguese

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VictorN, Aug 10, 2007.

1. VictorN

Hi,

I’m testing the voicemail system. I would like to have it in Portuguese. Which is the file (and the format) that I should exchange, making a new record (this time in Brazilian Portuguese) and replacing it ?
    Question

Regards

Victor

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Under:

<system install dir>\data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\(very long number)

That is where your prompts live, translate all those and you be ok.

There is an XML file that dir called SetInfo.xml that contains the text that is in the voice files.

That is a good start for you.

3. VictorN

Voice Mail in Portuguese2

Hi,

I will try it.

Thanks

Victor

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Wouldn't it be easier to just look at the prompt settings on the webpage to see what you need to record? Once recorded, browse for and replace with the new ones?

This way you're using a nice GUI and if you're not into programming or reading files, or copy pasting files would be nice and foolproof.

5. VictorN

HI Rob,

Thanks for the tip. For sure will easier to see the prompt settings on the webpage. How can get there ?

Regards.

Victor

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Open the web console of 3CX then on the left under General is System Prompts.
    You will see quite a few of them. Might not be all the prompts you can get on the system but looks like it covers all the VM stuff.
    It will show things like:
    "And" in the phrase "You have two messages: two heard and one unheard". Informational intonation.

This will give you what the phrase is and what the use is. Record the new one and then click "Browse" to find the new wav file. It will upload the new one and put it to use.

And stealing from the screen:
    "For best performance, it is best to save the prompt in PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono format"

7. VictorN

Hi, Henk & Rob

Thanks, both systems works! :)

Victor