• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved voice mail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragheed

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
hi guys
one of our customers have this issue,
ext100 - reception 1
ext101 - reception 2
we put both of them in one ring group, my question is regarding the voicemail, when someone tries to call from outside and no one answer we got an email notification but we didn't get any notification on the IP phone, is that possible to show me how I can configure the system so that we can get notification on the IP phone that someone left a voice message for us?

thanks

What IP phones do you use?

yealink Sip-T46S and SIP-T42S

In the hunt group, what have you setup for unanswered call (which voicemail extension, is it one of the reception phones)

You will only get notification if the voicemail is one of the extensions, and it will only show on that extension

Within the console, under the extension - phone provisioning you can config 'Choose how to configure Power LED notifications' to show voicemail.

Also what are your voicemail email settings, 'If send attachment and delete from mbox' then you will not get an highlight on the phone there was a voicemail

Reactions: Ragheed
In addition to what saqqara16 mentioned, if you are forwarding the call to the voicemail of the ring group there will be no notification sent to the phones, as specified in the management console. 2018-02-23_15h20_28.png

Reactions: Ragheed
Thank you saqqara16 & yiannish_3cx, I followed all the configuration that you told me about and it's work now and only reception 1 got the notification, I thought at the beginning that it is possible for all devices in one group to get the notifications.

thanks again for your help:):)

Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.