Solved voice mail issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ragheed, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragheed

hi guys
    one of our customers have this issue,
    ext100 - reception 1
    ext101 - reception 2
    we put both of them in one ring group, my question is regarding the voicemail, when someone tries to call from outside and no one answer we got an email notification but we didn't get any notification on the IP phone, is that possible to show me how I can configure the system so that we can get notification on the IP phone that someone left a voice message for us?

thanks

2. revilo951

What IP phones do you use?

3. Ragheed

yealink Sip-T46S and SIP-T42S

4. saqqara16

In the hunt group, what have you setup for unanswered call (which voicemail extension, is it one of the reception phones)

You will only get notification if the voicemail is one of the extensions, and it will only show on that extension

Within the console, under the extension - phone provisioning you can config 'Choose how to configure Power LED notifications' to show voicemail.

Also what are your voicemail email settings, 'If send attachment and delete from mbox' then you will not get an highlight on the phone there was a voicemail

Ragheed likes this.
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In addition to what saqqara16 mentioned, if you are forwarding the call to the voicemail of the ring group there will be no notification sent to the phones, as specified in the management console. 2018-02-23_15h20_28.png

Ragheed likes this.
  6. Ragheed

Thank you saqqara16 & yiannish_3cx, I followed all the configuration that you told me about and it's work now and only reception 1 got the notification, I thought at the beginning that it is possible for all devices in one group to get the notifications.

thanks again for your help:):)

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.