Voice mail messages are not being deleted from server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pkothe, May 1, 2007.

1. pkothe

Whe I check my voice mail messages from a phone dialing extension 999 the prompts are not very consistent. In other words the voice mail attendant is not telling me what to do next. It will start out ok and I will press star to start the message play back and it will play the first message, then it gives me silence or plays the next unheard message if it exists. Once all of the new messages are played back I try to delete the messages and it does work sometimes but I get silence after that. I checked the directory on the server and the messages are still there and the call assistant shows I have read messages in my box but I have not found a way to delete these from the phone. Is there a button to listen to old messages and delete them?

2. Alexander

Hi !

If you've pressed star, then new messages are played one by one. When all new message have been played it has to say 'End of messages'. There has not to be any silence except the case when somebody has written a silent message.

After you've deleted a message you have to hear 'Message deleted'.

The current version does not delete messages physically, but marks them as 'deleted'.

The messages playing dialog always position you to the first new message. If there are no new messages, then it'll position you to the last old message. If you want to remove old messages you can position to them using the "1" key (which reads the previous message); pressing the '3' key removes the current message and position you to the next one (or to the previous one if the next message doesn't exist).
    [/quote]

3. tcgmuc

Hi Alexander,

I have the same problem .... the messages are deletet via Phone, but in the directory of the Server / Workstation they are existing .....

This is the directory of all the messages, received since installation of 3CX

"C:\Programme\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions\100"

All messages are deletet with the phone, but if I press 6 for Information, the system tells me, that there are no new messages and no messages.

So any idea, how to delete the files automatcally ?

Greethings,

Michael.

4. Alexander

Hi Michael !

The current version does not delete messages physically, but marks them as 'deleted'. If you've deleted all messages for an extension (using phone) and want to remove messages physically, you can just manually remove all files in the corresponding mailbox folder (for example, "C:\Programme\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions\100" folder for '100' extension).

5. tcgmuc

Hi Alexander,

thanks for help so far .... I try to purge them automatically over the file-flags of Windows .... hope one of the next Versions will have a purge-funktion, that deletes them physically, because they use a lot of space :D

Thanks,

Michael.

6. pkothe

Voice Mail Funcionality request

A feature to add would be to delete the message in the middle of hearing it. I had a situation on my cell phone where someone called my phone by accident and did not know it was connected and I heard them wandering around talking to paople for like ever. Well I was never able to get to the end of the message. The answer for them was 7 was for delete and 77 was delete at any point in the message. I am also having a 10 second or more pause where the voice mail is looking for a disconnect signal from the gateway. Since I have to wait for this to time out before getting to the point of deleting the message it is a bit frustrating. I will check the timers on the gateway. We need to have the file delete on there own. If someone wants to archive the messages do it in your mailbox.

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are fixing the issue of the file not being deleted in the next version. Then when you delete it it will be deleted....