Voice Mail on V10 Not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by k6biv, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k6biv

Hello All:

I recently purchased and installed 3CX V10.

I have 3 SIP trunks installed and several extensions. All seams to be working. I can receive calls and make calls, however voice mail does not work.

As I call in from say a cell phone and system goes to voice mail and my recording comes on asking me to leave my name and number. But as I leave a message no message is saved. If I press # and then 0 to save, an announcement is play saying the message can not be saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tim

2. A.burton

Voice mail uses a web server. Check your web server abyss or IIS is running.

Right click computer, manage, services, look for abyss or IIS depending on what you installed at setup. Make sure the service is running. If not click restart.

Just looking under services in 3cx console not enough - so it seems.

I am a newbie so there is bound to be someone who disagrees with me.

3. k6biv

Abyss is running..

I did a restart.. Still no go..

BTW.. I am running Windows 7 Pro.

The message I get when I press # and then 0.. is "this call can not be completed.

Tim

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is it just from your mobile or does the same thing happen from landlines where the set sends a longer DTMF tone? Many times the short duration tone from mobiles, some cordless phones and some electronic desksets is not long enough, at too low of a level, or both.
    In 3CX voicemail, your message will be recorded and saved without doing any (optional) key presses.

5. k6biv

It is from both any landline or mobile phones.

Many folks have called and left messages and we are not getting them.

They do not show up in our MyPhone app either.

They do not show up when I do not press any keys either..

Thanks,

Tim

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So...you reach the outgoing message (for the extension that the call is directed to) asking the caller to leave a message, wait for the tone, leave a message, and there is none?

Does it work if you call the extension (the one with the voicemail) directly from another extension?

7. k6biv

Yes..

And I have configured a custom message that the caller gets and that works perfect, just no messages stored.. no email notice sent.. I have setup my smtp ok because I get system email messages sent to me as they should.

I am stumped..

Tim

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX server log (you might have to set to verbose) show for a call? Any sign of an error? I would think that if 3CX were unable (for whatever reason) to record/store a VM message, that there would be a corresponding log message.

9. k6biv

I have re-installed the entire 3CX System and the Voice Mail now works.

I have no idea what I did wrong.

Thanks for the help..

Tim

10. A.burton

When you did a reinstall, did you start a fresh including all settings or did you reinstall and restore settings using the utility?

11. k6biv

I did a fresh install..

Tim

12. k6biv

Ok.. I think I have found the issue..

I want my Inbound route to go to a "ring group," which I have several extensions added too.

As I set it to RG it rings all of the phones in that ring group, but the VM does not seem to work.

If I set the Inbound to just one extension it works..

Can this be changed to have VM work with Ring Groups?

Thanks,

Tim

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the settings for the ring group you can choose what to do with a call if it goes unanswered after a given time. You can then send it on to the voicemail of an existing extension that has the voicemail option enabled. A call to a ring group will ignore any extension call forwards.

14. k6biv

I have set an unanswered call to the Ring Group to go to Voice Mail of a given extension.

It does not appear to work.

Inbound calls directly to, extension 2100 in my case, go to voice mail if unanswered, but if the inbound call is to ring group 8000, in my case, which has extension 2100 as part of it and I have an unanswered call set-up for that ring group to go to the VM of extension 2100, the message can NOT be left.

Something is not right..

Thanks,

Tim

15. k6biv

Hello All:

The new Service Pack 4 has fixed the issue with Voice Mail with Ring Groups not working.

I did the update and changed nothing else and a call placed to a DID with an inbound route to a Ring Group, with a "no answer" going to a Voice Mail, to one of the extensions within the RG and it worked.

I have no idea what in the Service Pack 4 update fixed this issue, but I would state it is fixed.

Thanks to the 3CX Team.

Tim

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Tim,

Thanks a lot to your patience!
    We have reviewed ALL the reports which were published on the forum (even those which sounded as a strange and /or an unbelievable).
    In SP4, some things are more tolerant to the "environment" and equipment. Some things were made more strict.

P.S. v11 is starting to knock the door...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.