Voice mail problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joel, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joel

Am using Build v2.0.1361.0. Have set up two SIP phones and have configured them in 3CX for testing and have enabled voicemail. Calls are to be forwarded to voicemail after 15 seconds. When I call the other extension, voicemail picks up after 15 seconds and I leave a message and press # key. Then I dial 999, get the voicemail recording to enter extension number. After entering the extension number, there is a pause (I receive no prompt to enter pin number, even though it is in the 3CX setup), then the recording says "thank you, goodbye". I have not been able to get the voicemail to work properly. Is there anything else that needs to be set up to enable voicemail? Is there anything that needs to be set up in the SIP phones to enable voicemail (I'm using the Grandstream GXP-2000 and the Grandstream BT-200 phones)?

2. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi Joel,

You will normally receive the 'Thank you, goodbye" when the VM prompt times out. For reasons unknown you are not hearing the initial prompt. What you are suppose to hear is "please enter extension number" then upon submittal you will here "please enter P.I.N."

As a test can you try to procede and enter your extension number even though you do not hear the prompt and let us know what happens ? It seems that the RTP (voice) maybe kicking in late. What type of phone are you using ?

Finally could you please send to our support email address a generated support info file (under the support page of the web management console ). This way I could have a look and see if I spot something out of the norm.

Thanks !

3. Joel

I do hear the prompt to enter the extension number and I enter the extension number. However, after entering the extension number, I never hear the prompt to enter the pin number, just the silent pause, until it times out. Then I hear the "thank you, goodbye". I've tried entering the extension number and then entering the pin number, but that does not work. I will try to send you the support files. I have tried to send the support files before and your mail server refused them. I will try again.
    Thanks.

4. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

In that case we are not catching your DTMF (Dual-tone multi-frequency) stokes. What Phone are you using?

Please have a look at your DTMF settings. We support DTMF which is inband [in audio]), and DTMF sent via RTP messages [RFC 4733].

My guess is that your phone is probably set to use DTMF in SIP INFO as it is the only common transport of DTMF we do not suppport