Voice mail sent as Text

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Is there a way to transcribe a voice mail to Text and e-mail the test to the extension holder

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While it is possible to send a notification of a voicemail, but a text is limited to alphanumeric characters you can't attach a file.
    Texting, in itself , requires either a paid service/subscription, or an email to text service from by the destination phone provider.

This is one of many sites with a list of various mobile providers email to text information.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how ... -sms-text/

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think Leejor misunderstood the question. It seems you would like to transcribe a voicemail into text and send the text to the email recipient, along with the wav file.

This tool has been developed by a third party:
    https://www.voiptools.com/3cx-voicemail ... -voiptools

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad, read the topic and didn't read the subject as thoroughly as I should have.

5. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

6. 12494

12494 Member

One way is to use a Google Voice account (free) and have GV be the voicemail service for your user instead of 3CX. I've been doing it for years, I will add that the best way to describe the transcriptions is with the word 'hysterical'.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.