voice mail setup

Discussion in 'Windows' started by stampee, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stampee

I am a new user, and cannot find any information regarding the voice mail feature. How do I set this up? I see no place to enter a directory to save the voice mail files. Is this something that has to be used in conjunction with the 3cx server program?
    What happens when I select the auto-vm setting ?
    thank you
    -Stampee

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the use of the 3CX softphone with the 3CX PBX voicemail, or voicemail with another VoIP provider/PBX?

3. stampee

I am referring to the voice mail feature in the soft phone client. When the client is in the system tray, right clicking on the client brings up various selections, one of them being Auto_vm
    Also from the main running program in the phone window on the right side, I can select various modes of answer and one of those is auto-VM

Nothing is said about this feature that I can find in the help manual.

-stampee

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't yet had to try that feature. From your first question, you may be under the impression that voicemail files might reside on the PC. If voicemail is used in conjunction with the 3CX PBX then all VM files reside on the PC running the 3CX PBX. The PC running the softphone does no recording or playing of messages. (after looking again at the options, I do see a section for recording calls. I have never had the need to use that before and wasn't aware that there was a local recording ability. Perhaps someone that has made use of this can provide some clarification)

The button that you are referring to may just be the equivalent of a "call reject" button sending the caller immediately to voicemail, in which case, it may only work with the 3CX PBX. This is why I asked what (provider) you were using the 3CX phone with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.