voice mail start message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Movix, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Movix

Hello,

When arriving on the voice mail there is a choice to leave a message (#) or to be redirected to the operator (*)

I wonder if there is a possibility to avoid the possibility to be redirected to the operator.
    I'm aware about the fact that i con modify the voice message it self. In this case the user must anyway hit # to leave a message even if this is be the only option remaining, seems useless in this case, so why ask him to hit #. Also the * function would still be available, and could lead to confusing situation when the user hits it by error.

I searched the forum for an answer but found nothing. I have seen that in the past it was a feature request to allow the user to have this choice.
    I looked through all options in the admin interface but nothing seems to match what i was looking for.
    I also looked through the files of the 3CX phone system trying to identify something like a script driving the welcome message.

Can someone please give me a hint if there is a possibility or not.

Movix

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have a personal outgoing message, just say "please leave a message after the tone". Callers are not required to hit the octothorp (#) to actually leave a message. The star (*) will take them to the extension designated as the operator, however, if you don't actually use the operator extension for an operator, you can send the call anywhere through a dummy extension and forwarding rules. As far as I'm aware, at this point, there is no flexibility in any other uses of those options.

3. Movix

Hello Leejor,

Thank you for your answer.
    All that you said is what i allready tested, and indeed, redirecting to a dummy extension is an alternative to the operator, but in this case the user can stay in an endless loop while spamming the * key.
    Anyway the issue only occurs if the user presses * by error, so i'll keep this solution.

Perhaps it's worth to file it as a feature request to make it configurable in the admin interface (redirect or not by pressing *)

Movix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.